Chapter 41: Buying It All

Jiangning didn't linger at the construction site, leaving Dog Brother in charge before driving to the mall to pick up Lin Yuzhen and her mother.

It had been a long time since they had gone shopping. Su Mei had been wearing the same dresses for several years, as she was reluctant to buy new ones.

"Mom, we've checked out several stores, but you haven't found anything you like?" Lin Yuzhen asked, somewhat exasperated. "The clothes in the latest season are quite expensive, and there aren't any discounts."

She knew that Su Mei wanted to find a store with discounts and purchase a couple of reasonably priced outfits.

"Let's keep looking; there will be something you like," Su Mei replied with a smile.

Their family wasn't financially well-off, and they had to save money for Lin Wen's leg treatment. Su Mei couldn't afford to spend recklessly.

Lin Yuzhen felt a bit distressed. Su Mei used to be a beauty queen when she was young, but her husband, Lin Wen, had become disabled in a car accident shortly after their marriage. Their financial situation had worsened since then, and Su Mei hadn't really dressed up since.

Even her clothing purchases had become infrequent.

"Mom, how about this store? I've seen a few items that would suit you!" With that thought in mind, Lin Yuzhen dragged Su Mei into a branded store.

Even if it meant using up her entire month's salary, Lin Yuzhen was determined to buy her mother two nice outfits.

"Yuzhen, this is a designer brand! It's expensive!" Su Mei whispered, trying to back away.

She glanced at the price tags on a few items and saw that they cost several thousand yuan each. It was too costly!

"It's alright; we're just looking for now. We'll decide later," Lin Yuzhen assured her.

"Miss, if you're only browsing and not purchasing, please don't wrinkle the clothes," a heavily made-up saleswoman approached them. Her face wore a fake smile, but her words were far from kind. "It affects our ability to resell them."

This kind of person was nothing new to Lin Yuzhen.

People who entered the store just to look, but couldn't afford to buy anything, often touched, felt, and tried on the clothes, leaving them wrinkled and in need of re-ironing.

At the saleswoman's words, Su Mei's face reddened with embarrassment.

Lin Yuzhen, however, became furious. "Why are you speaking like that? The purpose of displaying clothes is for people to see and try them on, isn't it?"

"Moreover, if we want to make a purchase, we certainly can."

"Miss, if you intend to buy, you can try on the clothes. But could you show us your money first?" The saleswoman's tone carried a scornful smile, especially after seeing the signs of mending on Su Mei's dress. She was convinced that this mother-daughter duo had no money and couldn't afford to buy anything.

Lin Yuzhen was infuriated; she had never heard of having to show money before being allowed to try on clothes.

This saleswoman was too disrespectful!

"Yuzhen, let's go; forget about it," Su Mei suggested. She didn't want to argue with anyone, and she thought it was impulsive to spend thousands on a single dress.

"Fine, let's go. We've seen enough, and it's already more than enough for you to see us," the saleswoman said sarcastically. "This is the latest collection, but you can check Taobao online. Knockoffs should be available soon."

In other words, she believed that Lin Yuzhen and her mother had only come to the physical store to view the items before purchasing cheap imitations online.

"Unbelievable!" Lin Yuzhen was genuinely angered. She hadn't encountered such an impolite salesperson before. This kind of attitude was unacceptable for a salesperson.

"Leave your money at the front desk if you want to try the clothes!" The saleswoman proceeded to kick them out.

Lin Yuzhen's body was trembling with anger.

She had never seen a service worker so rude. What kind of attitude was this?

Su Mei was equally furious; she was only hesitant to spend money but was far from unable to afford it. This level of contempt from the saleswoman was unacceptable.

"Wrap up all these clothes," a voice suddenly came from behind them.