Chapter 21: Request for Forgiveness

After drinking, Jiangning naturally didn't let himself drive. Huang Yuming arranged for someone to drive them back.

Having had quite a few drinks, Lin Wen held onto Su Mei on the way back and whispered into her ear, "Wife, I love you, and I will definitely recover to give you and our child a good life!"

"Wife, thank you for taking care of me all these years. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful wife like you."

"Wife, can we stay together forever?"

Lin Wen acted like a child, hugging Su Mei and refusing to let go. His words made Su Mei blush, and she tried to stop him, but it was in vain.

"Our child is right here!" Su Mei couldn't help but remind him.

Pretending not to see, Lin Yuzhen smiled, her face filled with happiness. It had been a long time since she had witnessed such scenes.

Late at night, Lin Yuzhen lay on her side while Jiangning slept on the floor under the bed.

"Jiangning?" she called softly.

"Yes," he responded.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Their conversation was brief, and silence followed.

"In the future, don't spend money recklessly for my family anymore, alright?" Lin Yuzhen finally asked.

"No."

Jiangning didn't give in an inch when it came to Lin Yuzhen. "This is my family. It has my wife and my parents. If I don't spend for you all, who else would I spend for?"

"But... why?" Lin Yuzhen bit her lip.

Was this guy really so naive or pretending to be?

"I'm living in your house and eating your mother's cooking. I can't just freeload," Jiangning said. "Alright, let's sleep. Goodnight."

Lin Yuzhen wanted to ask more questions, but Jiangning had already ignored her.

She could only sigh in helplessness. What was going on in this guy's head?

A night of silence passed.

Early in the morning, Jiangning noticed that breakfast was even more abundant than the previous day. Without any reservations, he sat at the table and started eating.

"Where's my dad?" he asked.

"He drank quite a bit yesterday and is still sleeping," Su Mei replied softly from the kitchen.

"My dad needs to practice his alcohol tolerance; otherwise, how will he handle social gatherings in the future?" Jiangning commented casually.

He didn't continue the conversation further.

"Alright, alright, I know. I'll head over immediately!" Lin Yuzhen called out as she hastily finished getting ready. "There's another issue at the factory that needs my attention."

Jiangning, who was eating breakfast, immediately stood up. "I'll take you!"

"Mom, we're heading out!" They hurriedly left the house.

"Yuzhen, you haven't had breakfast yet!" Su Mei called out in concern, but they had already disappeared.

Looking at the messy table with plates and dishes scattered all around, Su Mei shook her head and smiled.

"This child, no one is competing with him."

Su Mei began to clean up the dishes and was about to enter the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

She opened the door and saw several people standing outside, dressed in suits and carrying gifts. The person at the front had graying hair and, upon seeing Su Mei, bowed politely.

"May I ask if you are Mrs. Su Mei?"

Su Mei nodded, "Yes, I am. Who are you people?"

"Hello, I am Xue Hang, the President of East Sea Bank's headquarters, and this is the branch manager, Xiao Yang," Xue Hang said apologetically. "We have come to apologize in person for what happened at our branch yesterday."

Su Mei was taken aback.

The President of East Sea Bank's headquarters and the branch manager had come to apologize in person?

"We are here to request your forgiveness," Xue Hang continued. "We are deeply sorry for the misunderstanding that occurred at our branch yesterday. If there is anything you require as compensation, we are willing to comply."

Su Mei was still hesitant.

"Dismissal of the manager involved has been completed, and we will inform the entire financial industry of her actions," Xue Hang explained. "As for the teller, we plan to prosecute her for defamation. And regarding the security guard..."

"Mr. Xue," Su Mei interrupted, "I don't want things to get too severe. It was a misunderstanding, and I believe those two young people didn't have any malicious intent."

Xue Hang was impressed with Su Mei's magnanimity. He nodded and turned to Xiao Yang, who promptly produced a gold card.

"This is a VIP card from East Sea Bank with a credit limit of five million yuan," Xiao Yang said. "This is our way of compensating you, Mrs. Su. Please accept it."

Without waiting for Su Mei to refuse, they both bowed and requested, "Please, Mrs. Su, accept it and give us a chance to make amends."

At the same time,

In the residential complex's property office, Zhang Rong's face turned bright red with anger. He had not slept a wink all night and arrived at the property office early in the morning.

"Check it for me! Pull up the surveillance footage! I want to see which bastard hit my car!"

It was his newly bought Porsche!

Now it was beyond repair!

He was determined to find the culprit and make them pay dearly for it!

"I'm sorry, but it was very dark last night, and the surveillance cameras may not have captured anything," the property manager said, not wanting to help Zhang Rong.

The property manager was not fond of people like Zhang Rong, who parked their cars haphazardly and caused trouble for others.

"You can't fool me with that excuse! I know for a fact that the cameras captured everything. Last time, they even captured my neighbor kissing someone else! Why can't they capture this?" Zhang Rong's voice became louder. "If you don't check, we'll call the police!"

With no other choice, the property manager reluctantly agreed to review the surveillance footage.

When they saw the image of the BMW without a license plate, Zhang Cui immediately shouted, "It's them! It's them! That's my neighbor's car! They lied to us, saying it was bought by their son-in-law!"

Zhang Rong's face darkened, and he turned and stormed out of the property office.

"I'll deal with them! How dare they hit my car! I'll make them pay!"

At that moment,

Su Mei served water to her guests, and Xue Hang stood up, extending his hands to accept the gifts.

"These are just small tokens of our appreciation, and we hope you will accept them," Xue Hang said.

Su Mei waved her hand, "This isn't necessary."

"No, no," Xue Hang insisted. "We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please accept our apologies and these gifts."

They handed over the gifts, and Su Mei reluctantly accepted them.

"Thank you," she said, "but it wasn't entirely your fault, and I hope you can understand that."

Xue Hang nodded appreciatively. "Of course, we appreciate your understanding and forgiveness. If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us."

With that, they left, expressing their gratitude once more, and Su Mei closed the door behind them.