Chapter 16: False Accusations!

Lin Yuzhen still had a pale face. She had never witnessed such a scene before.

"Why are you so good at fighting?" she asked in amazement. "Was that you just now?"

Was that her doorstep husband, Jiang Ning?

Lin Yuzhen felt like she was watching a movie.

But then again, even in a movie, it wouldn't be this intense, right?

Jiang Ning, a real-life hobo?

"Hobos steal to eat; they don't fight. They'd be dead a long time ago if they did."

Jiang Ning replied casually.

Lin Yuzhen was speechless. She knew that if she asked further, Jiang Ning would explain that it was a necessary survival skill he had learned from the beggar gang.

"Alright, go and talk about work," Lin Yuzhen said helplessly, giving Jiang Ning a glance. She decided not to ask any more questions and went to find the project managers to arrange the upcoming work.

Jiang Ning stood at the entrance, squinting his eyes.

"It seems like there are always people who don't know their limits."

He didn't pay much attention to small fry, but if anyone dared to cross Lin Yuzhen, he wouldn't hesitate to deal with them.

Lin Yuzhen's meeting went exceptionally smoothly. Several project managers had initially wanted to make things difficult for her, knowing that she held a low position in the Lin family and was young to be in charge of such a major project. However, with Jiang Ning standing guard at the entrance, who would dare to challenge her?

"You must strive to complete the project within three months, and the factory building should be ready for use," Lin Yuzhen emphasized. "Once the project starts, the assembly line will be established immediately, so everyone needs to cooperate to make this project a success!"

When she entered work mode, Lin Yuzhen transformed into a completely different person—serious, diligent, meticulous, and professional.

Jiang Ning leaned against the door, watching Lin Yuzhen as she sat there. His eyes were filled with tenderness.

This woman, when she's serious, is truly captivating.

Meanwhile, in Hua Cheng residential area, in their home...

Su Mei was giving Lin Wen a leg massage.

"Honey, you've worked so hard," Lin Wen said, feeling guilty. He had been disabled for so many years, and Su Mei had never left his side. He knew how much she had suffered over the years.

"What hard work? I married you; taking care of you is my duty," Su Mei replied with a smile. "Alright, you stay here and watch TV for a while. I'll go to the hospital to buy your medicine; your medication is running low again."

Saying this, she went into the room to find her wallet. However, she realized that she had no money left.

So, she went to Lin Yuzhen's room. Lin Yuzhen usually kept the household bank cards in a drawer, and when Su Mei needed money, she would take one of the cards and withdraw cash.

Su Mei opened the drawer and saw a black card that seemed different from what she remembered.

She didn't pay much attention to it, thinking it was just her imagination.

She proceeded to the bank to withdraw some money. After taking a number, waiting in line for a while, she finally heard her number being called and walked up to the counter.