Chapter 32: Stay Away, Idlers and Dogs!

Jiang Ning finally spoke up, "Who can't stand to see Yuzhen succeed the most?"

Lin Wen was taken aback, and he exchanged a glance with Su Mei before hesitating to answer, "My eldest brother?"

"That's right, Lin Qiang," Jiang Ning confirmed, "He offered five million to have Yuzhen's project destroyed, or even to harm Yuzhen herself."

Hearing this, Lin Wen and Su Mei's faces turned from surprise to anger. They were furious!

How could Lin Qiang do such a thing?

"If Yuzhen succeeds with this project, it would be a significant contribution to the Lin family. Lin Qiang and his son don't want to see that happen."

"But destroying this project would lead to enormous losses for the Lin family!" Lin Wen was almost pounding the table in anger.

"What does it matter? The current Lin family belongs to them, father and son. Losses are just losses," Jiang Ning said.

Lin Wen's face turned red, knowing that what Jiang Ning said was true. He was well aware that his elder brother had always wanted to control the Lin family. Sending his second brother, Lin Wu, to the provincial capital to explore new opportunities was just an excuse to prevent Yuzhen from finding a suitor who could compete for the family inheritance.

If it weren't for their father still being alive, Lin Qiang would have probably acted long ago.

"He actually wants to harm Yuzhen. This is too much!" Su Mei had no interest in the family's wealth, but she wouldn't allow anyone to hurt Lin Yuzhen.

"No, I need to talk to my father!" Su Mei said as she started to get up.

"I'll go!" Lin Wen couldn't take it anymore. They were siblings, and Yuzhen was Lin Qiang's niece!

How could he do such a thing?

He had lost his appetite. He pushed the wheelchair and was about to leave. Lin Yuzhen couldn't stop him.

Jiang Ning didn't stop him either and just told Su Mei to wait at home. He then drove Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen to the Lin family's residence.

Lin Xiao lived in an upscale villa area. When they arrived at the gate, Jiang Ning and the others wanted to enter together.

"You're not part of the Lin family, so you can't come in," a gatekeeper said, blocking Jiang Ning. There was a hint of disdain on his face.

"This is my son-in-law!" Lin Wen shouted, "Isn't he part of the Lin family?"

"I'm sorry, but the old master ordered that only core members of the Lin family can enter this house," the gatekeeper said, showing no respect for Lin Wen whatsoever.

"You..." Lin Wen was infuriated. He didn't expect that even the servants of the Lin family would look down on him.

"Dad, I'll wait for you outside," Jiang Ning said, not planning to go in.

He didn't try to stop Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen from finding Lin Xiao. Instead, he wanted them to see clearly that they no longer had a place in the Lin family, no matter how hard they tried or how much they achieved.

"People need to understand reality before they can make the right choices," Jiang Ning whispered.

"Stand further away! Idlers and dogs are not allowed to approach!" one of the servants at the entrance sneered. "A mere son-in-law thinks he's a member of the Lin family!"

Jiang Ning turned and gave him a cold glance. Suddenly, he threw a punch that landed on the servant's abdomen. The servant turned pale, clutching his stomach, and collapsed to the ground.

"Can we have a little peace and quiet here?" Jiang Ning remarked.

Inside the villa, the scent of sandalwood filled the air. Lin Xiao enjoyed life and had become even more health-conscious since his wife's passing. Over the years, he had taken various health supplements in the hope of extending his life.

The entire hall was filled with a faint fragrance, which Lin Xiao found quite enjoyable. However, Lin Wen and Su Mei were not used to it.

"Dad."

Lin Yuzhen pushed Lin Wen into the room and called out to Lin Xiao, who was sitting in a sandalwood chair, chanting and fingering his prayer beads. It seemed as though he hadn't heard her.