Chapter 31: Who is Playing Against Whom?

Her plan couldn't be delayed because of this.

"It's so difficult to hire people now, especially in remote areas like this," Xiao Xu also looked worried. Labor is not only expensive now, but the hardest part is that no one is willing to do the work. The labor market is so tight that it's hard to find workers even for a short time.

Lin Yuzhen frowned, and suddenly saw the group of troublemakers from earlier in the morning walking towards them.

She became nervous, "How did they get released?"

Xiao Xu paled even more, hastily looking around for Jiang Ning.

Jiang Ning wasn't around. Who could stop them?

However, these people only walked up to Lin Yuzhen and simultaneously gave a slight bow.

"Miss Lin, we'll do the work at the construction site for you for the next two months."

"Ah?" Lin Yuzhen was dumbfounded. What did they mean?

They didn't come to cause trouble; they wanted to work at the construction site?

Lin Yuzhen had just been worried about finding workers and speeding up the construction progress, and now these people wanted to work at the construction site without pay. It was too timely.

However, these people, each of them looked tough, and she was afraid to use them.

"We don't want wages! We just want to finish the job and buy back our freedom!" the leader of the tough guys said.

Lin Yuzhen and the others were even more dumbfounded. Working without pay?

The construction site was all physical labor, and it was hard work. They actually didn't want any money, just to buy back their freedom.

Lin Yuzhen turned her head and saw Jiang Ning walking over.

"Jiang Ning, what's going on?"

"They want to prove that they can do something other than fighting. I thought you needed more workers at the construction site, so I brought them over," Jiang Ning replied.

"Don't worry about them causing trouble; they won't dare," Jiang Ning added.

But Lin Yuzhen still couldn't believe it. Several tough guys couldn't resist; they walked into the construction site and started carrying cement.

One of them started, and the others followed suit. They asked the on-site construction workers what to do and quickly got to work.

They weren't asking for money. Lin Yuzhen was still worried. Working at the construction site was tough, and she couldn't just let them do it without pay.

"What about their wages?" Xiao Xu couldn't help asking.

"What do they need wages for? I didn't ask them for money," Jiang Ning said.

Lin Yuzhen rolled her eyes at Jiang Ning.

"I'll consider the wages. As long as they work diligently and help speed up the construction progress, we should provide them with meals at the very least. We can't let them work on an empty stomach," she said.

Back at home, Lin Yuzhen was still worried. She made several calls to Xiao Xu to confirm that those people were all working hard before she finally relaxed.

But how did Jiang Ning convince them?

They were all tough guys; they were scary when it came to fighting!

She wanted to ask Jiang Ning, but when she saw his expression, which showed that he was in control of everything, she decided not to.

What was this guy so proud of?

When they returned home, it was time for dinner. Su Mei had already prepared the food and was waiting for Lin Yuzhen and the others to return.

At the dining table, Jiang Ning still had a good appetite.

Lin Wen and Su Mei didn't eat much before, but now Lin Wen started cooking a lot of dishes every day.

"Yuzhen, I heard there was some trouble at the construction site?" Lin Wen was worried. He knew his daughter very well. She was too kind-hearted and could easily be taken advantage of.

"It's all resolved," Lin Yuzhen reassured him.

She glanced at Jiang Ning, who was wolfing down his food, thinking that it was a good thing he was around. However, she was also worried about bothering Jiang Ning too much.

"What kind of person keeps going against you?" Lin Wen frowned. While Jiang Ning was there to help, they couldn't keep relying on him.

Lin Yuzhen shook her head. She only knew that those people were from the underground circle and were affiliated with a guy named Black Tiger. But she didn't know who was behind them.

"Dad, you're very familiar with this person."