Chapter 17: This Is My Mother!

After the meeting, Lin Yuzhen breathed a sigh of relief. Even she hadn't expected it to go so smoothly. The project managers who had previously been dismissive were now cooperative, likely due to Jiang Ning's presence at the entrance, which had surely intimidated them.

"Keep an eye on this area. If there are any issues, report them to me promptly," Lin Yuzhen instructed before leaving the room.

Seeing Jiang Ning continuously staring at her, Lin Yuzhen blushed and reverted to her shy, girlish demeanor.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you're beautiful," Jiang Ning replied.

Why did this uncle compliment people so directly? Was it common for hobos to be so smooth-tongued just to get food?

"Ring, ring..."

Suddenly, Lin Yuzhen's phone rang. It was a call from her mother, Su Mei.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Lin Yuzhen answered. However, she was met with the sound of her mother crying on the other end. Her expression changed immediately. "Mom! What happened? Who hurt you? I'm coming over right away!"

Lin Yuzhen's eyes turned red as she said, "My mom was beaten!"

Jiang Ning furrowed his brow. "Get in the car!"

Roaring to life, the BMW seemed furious, and it made a sharp U-turn, heading straight to the bank.

On the way, Lin Yuzhen couldn't hold back her tears. "My mom has never suffered such humiliation before. She's such a strong-willed person..."

Su Mei had been accused of stealing at the bank. How was that even possible? Their family would never do something so disgraceful, no matter how difficult their financial situation was.

"My dad wouldn't even scold her, and someone dared to hurt her."

Jiang Ning didn't say a word but pressed harder on the gas pedal.

At the bank's manager's office:

Su Mei's hair was disheveled, and red handprints were still visible on her face. After making the call, she remained silent, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"If your family can't explain this, we'll have to involve the police," the bank manager coldly remarked.

Just as he finished speaking, the office door was kicked open with a loud bang, nearly shattering it.

"Who's there!"

Two security guards, alarmed by the intruder's aggression, drew their electric batons.

"Smack!"

"Smack!"

Jiang Ning didn't hold back, delivering two powerful slaps that sent the security guards flying.

The bank manager, shocked by this sudden eruption of violence, stammered, "Security! Security, where are you? Call all the security personnel here!"

Jiang Ning didn't mince words. He grabbed the bank manager by the collar, his expression icy. "This is my mother! How dare you lay a hand on her?"

The bank manager was trembling, realizing that the woman's son was extremely irate.

"She was stealing," the bank manager finally managed to utter, pointing to the card in his hand.

"This card?" Jiang Ning looked at it. "I use this card to buy groceries for her. Any problem with that?"

The manager's throat went dry, and he nodded hesitantly.

"Let's clarify what kind of card this is," Jiang Ning continued, his voice dripping with contempt. "I hope you know the significance of this card. You accused my mother of stealing with a card like this?"

He then took out his phone and quickly dialed an international number. Moments later, a voice came from the other end.

"Get the president of the Bankers Alliance on the line!"

As the foreign voice spoke, the bank manager's face turned even paler, and he quickly signaled to trace Jiang Ning's phone signal.

"Dear Jiang, I'm sorry! I'll take care of this right away!" the voice on the other end said.

Jiang Ning hung up without another word and approached Su Mei.

"Mom, I'm sorry you had to go through this."

Su Mei remained silent.

Lin Yuzhen, out of breath, rushed in and saw her mother with red eyes. She felt immense pity and went over to hug her.

"Mom, it's okay now. Everything will be fine."

Outside, dozens of security guards had surrounded the office, but none dared to intervene.

"Who hit my mom just now?"

Lin Yuzhen asked as they left the office.

One of the security guards, who had just picked himself up, turned pale. "Which hand did he use to hit her? He wants us to break our own hands instead of him doing it."

Jiang Ning glanced at him but didn't pay any further attention. He walked away.

As soon as he left the office, a cracking sound followed by a piercing scream came from inside.