Chapter 7: Humble and Submissive

Even General Li couldn't speak on their behalf?

Wasn't it said that General Li and General Huang were old classmates with an excellent relationship?

Lin Feng had just been arrogant a moment ago, but now he couldn't even muster a smile.

If they could only persuade Lin Yuzhen to sign, then they had no choice but to go and beg her.

Lin Qiang's face turned ashen.

He hadn't expected the situation to be this difficult.

What had Lin Yuzhen done to make General Huang support her so strongly?

"This despicable woman!"

Lin Qiang sneered, "It seems like her skills in bed are quite good. She acts all innocent, but it's all an act!"

If she hadn't served General Huang well, would he really support her like this?

Nonsense!

Now, they had to beg Lin Yuzhen for help, and honestly, it seemed impossible.

Even if he had to beg, he wouldn't beg Lin Wen's family.

"Ring, ring, ring..."

Lin Feng's phone rang again.

When he saw the caller ID, his expression became even more unpleasant.

"It's Grandfather."

Lin Feng almost wanted to cry.

What he feared most right now was receiving a call from Lin Xia.

He was responsible for this project, and if something went wrong, he would be held accountable.

"Answer it!"

Lin Qiang said.

Lin Feng had no choice but to pick up the call.

Refusing his grandfather's call would lead to even more serious consequences.

"Grandfather," Lin Feng greeted.

"Xiaofeng, how is the project with General Huang going?"

Lin Xia got straight to the point.

This project was his primary concern right now, given its importance and the significant resources the Lin family had invested in it.

"It's going very well, everything is going smoothly," Lin Feng said, glancing at Lin Qiang. Seeing his father gesturing, he continued to lie, "We just need to wait for General Huang to find some time, and we can sign the contract immediately."

"That's good," Lin Xia said. "Just be careful. This project must not have any mishaps. If there are any mistakes, I'll hold you accountable!"

The call ended.

Lin Feng's palms were sweating.

He knew just how temperamental his grandfather was. If something went wrong, it wouldn't be as simple as losing his job or getting a scolding.

"Dad, what should we do now?" Lin Feng was on the verge of tears.

That despicable Lin Yuzhen had handed him a hot potato, and he was the one suffering for it.

Lin Qiang's face was even more unpleasant.

Did they, father and son, really have to go to Lin Wen's family and beg?

They had been so arrogant before, not taking Lin Yuzhen and her family seriously at all. Going to beg now would be no different from being slapped twice in the face.