Chapter 33: Questioning!

Lin Yuzhen wanted to call out to her grandfather, but Lin Wen waved her off, indicating not to disturb the old master.

He knew they didn't have the status or qualifications to make their father stop what he was doing.

Lin Yuzhen bit her lip. She had witnessed scenes like this before.

If it were Lin Qiang and his son, the situation would probably be different.

After a while, Lin Xiao finished his chanting and slowly opened his eyes.

He turned his head to look at Lin Wen and his granddaughter, furrowing his brow slightly.

"You're here."

Just two simple words, spoken in a calm tone, as if the two people in front of him were not his son and granddaughter.

"Dad, I have something to discuss with you."

Lin Wen had long been accustomed to Lin Xiao's attitude towards him. Ever since he became disabled and couldn't contribute anything to the Lin family, he even needed the family's support. As a result, his status in the family had completely diminished.

If it weren't for Lin Qiang and his son going too far and repeatedly targeting Lin Yuzhen, he wouldn't have come here today.

"Speak."

Lin Xiao still spoke as few words as possible, as if he didn't want to say another word to Lin Wen.

"The project Yuzhen is currently in charge of is crucial for our Lin family, right?"

Lin Xiao furrowed his brow slightly, wondering if Lin Wen had come to make some demands.

He knew about this matter; Lin Qiang had discussed it with him. Lin Yuzhen had somehow managed to persuade Huang Yuming to let her take charge of the project, or else he wouldn't proceed with it. He was already somewhat displeased about it, but he hadn't said anything for the sake of the Lin family's interests.

He didn't expect Lin Wen and the others to come and request something from him.

Did they really think that this project couldn't proceed without Lin Yuzhen and them?

Thinking this, Lin Xiao glanced at Lin Yuzhen with a hint of disdain in his eyes.

It seemed that having a daughter was useless. Daughters were meant to be married off, and they might even take away things from the family.

"Yes, it's very important," Lin Xiao raised an eyebrow. "Now that Yuzhen is in charge, what's the matter? Do you have any requests?"

Lin Yuzhen felt uneasy upon hearing this. Did they come here only because they had some demands and wanted to get something?

"No, there are no demands," Lin Wen shook his head. "We are members of the Lin family, and it's our duty to do things for the family. We don't have any requests or plans to take anything."

"But my eldest brother has been causing trouble repeatedly, disrupting Yuzhen's work, and even trying to sabotage this project. Isn't this going too far?" Lin Wen's tone became somewhat agitated.

"He keeps sending people to harass Yuzhen, disrupt the construction at the factory site, and even wants to harm her. What does this mean? This project belongs to the Lin family, not to my father-daughter duo!"

Lin Xiao widened his eyes, staring at Lin Wen with an expression of disbelief.

"You said what?"

His face clearly showed that he couldn't believe it.

"That's impossible," he said directly, "Lin Qiang is your elder brother and the current head of the Lin family. He wouldn't do something that harms the family's interests."

"Dad!" Lin Wen was anxious. "Would I lie to you?"

There was evidence for all of this. Did they have to let Jiang Ning bring those thugs over and tell Lin Xiao in person for him to believe it?

"Hmph, why should I believe you?"

However, Lin Xiao said in a calm tone, "Lin Qiang is not that kind of person."

Lin Wen stared at Lin Xiao in a daze. He suddenly felt that he was being incredibly foolish to come and question Lin Qiang. How could Lin Xiao possibly believe them?

In Lin Xiao's eyes, Lin Qiang was his son, and what was he?

"Lin Wen, I know that you've had a hard time these years after your disability. You can't earn a single penny for the Lin family and have to rely on their support. It's not a good feeling," Lin Xiao said.

Lin Wen's eyes turned red.

"But you shouldn't slander your elder brother. Over the years, without his support, you wouldn't have been able to get by. Now that Yuzhen is in charge of this project, it was also recommended by Lin Qiang multiple times. He hopes to give your family a chance. Yet, you don't focus on Yuzhen's hard work and instead talk behind your elder brother's back," Lin Xiao shook his head, looking disappointed. "You've truly disappointed me."

"Grandfather..."

Lin Yuzhen was infuriated. Lin Xiao was just talking nonsense!

"You shouldn't speak," Lin Xiao directly interrupted her, "In the Lin family, you don't have the right to speak!"