Chapter 23: Warning Only Once

In fact, this was not just about monopolizing; they were clearly extorting.

"Miss Lin, the materials we need have to come in through that one road. They've set up roadblocks and won't allow external materials in. If we want to buy, we can only buy from them," said the person in charge, Mr. Xu, with a helpless expression. "But their materials are priced five times higher than what's available outside!"

They simply couldn't afford to buy from them, as it exceeded the budget, and the group company would not approve it.

The construction of the factory building was urgent, and the project had officially started. If they couldn't build the factory on time, the losses would be substantial.

No one could afford to shoulder this responsibility.

"Who are they exactly?" Lin Yuzhen asked.

"I don't know; it seems like they suddenly appeared," Mr. Xu replied, feeling helpless.

He had tried to reason with them but had nearly been attacked. "I also called the police, but as soon as the police arrived, they ran away. After the police left, they continued to set up roadblocks, so there's nothing we can do."

The police couldn't be expected to come back and forth all day.

Lin Yuzhen was furious. These people were clearly causing trouble on purpose.

Just a few days ago, they had driven away one group, and now another group had come. It seemed like there were quite a few people targeting this project.

Lin Yuzhen had no idea who was behind this, determined to sabotage the project.

In her office, Lin Yuzhen discussed countermeasures with several responsible individuals, while Jiangning, who had been standing at the door, got into his car and left.

From the city to the location of the factory building, there was only one township road, not very wide but essential. All construction materials required for the factory building had to pass through here to be transported to the site.

At this moment, a sign was set up on the halfway of the road: "Roadblock ahead, slow down."

However, when they drove up, they ignored other vehicles and only targeted trucks carrying construction materials, forcing the drivers to turn back.

"Bro, I don't think Lin's factory building will be completed in the next few years."

"Yeah, they can't transport any steel, cement, or wood. What will they use to build it?"

"It's not impossible if they buy from us; they just have to pay five or six times the price. The Lins have money!"

A group of people set up a tent and sat by the roadside, preventing Lin's materials from entering.

"Did you hear that he's still in a coma?"

"That useless guy was supposed to handle things for us, but he ended up disabled. I heard that Big Brother is very upset about it!"

"But who is that kid, after all? He even dared to fight our people; does he want to die?"

As they chatted, they suddenly noticed a car speeding towards them in the distance.

They could vaguely see that it was a white BMW, but the front of the car looked battered and deformed.

"Let's stop him and see who it is."

The leading man instructed as they gestured for Jiangning to slow down and stop.

But...

Vroom, vroom, vroom!