Chapter 19: No Available Seats at the Golden Jade Restaurant

Jin Yu Restaurant was famous in Donghai City. It boasted the best chefs in the entire city. Dining here was not only expensive but also required advanced reservations.

Before leaving home, Jiangning had already asked Lin Yuzhen to make a reservation.

Jiangning pushed Lin Wen as they walked out of the elevator, with Lin Yuzhen and Su Mei following closely behind.

It was Su Mei's first time entering such a high-end restaurant, and she felt a bit nervous.

"Yuzhen, this place is too expensive, isn't it?" She whispered, "We can't spend Jiangning's money recklessly. This is a favor, and it's not right to owe someone like this."

Lin Yuzhen knew that dining at Jin Yu Restaurant would cost several thousand yuan at the very least. She had heard of colleagues who had dined here once and bragged about it for over a month.

"Jiangning said he wanted to treat you to dinner, and I couldn't stop him."

She hesitated for a moment and continued, "Don't worry, I'll give him our share of the money when we get back."

Hearing this, Su Mei felt more at ease.

Jiangning pushed Lin Wen to the restaurant's reception, where a waiter immediately approached them.

"I'm sorry, sir, but our restaurant is fully booked. If you'd like to dine with us, please wait on the side."

"Fully booked?" Jiangning scanned the restaurant and then turned to Lin Yuzhen. "Didn't we make a reservation?"

Lin Yuzhen stepped forward, took out her phone, and showed the reservation information. "Yes, we made a reservation. We were supposed to arrive at six, and it's only 5:46 now."

"I'm sorry, there was a misunderstanding. Some guests arrived earlier and were seated directly. Your reservation may not have been updated in time."

The waiter explained, "Please wait on the side, or you can come back tomorrow."

"Why is it like this? We made the reservation first," Lin Yuzhen expressed her frustration. Dining here seemed to be more trouble than it was worth.

"This restaurant can't just act recklessly because they have good business," Su Mei said. She noticed the well-dressed patrons inside and realized how expensive it must be.

"Mom, today is the first time I'm treating you to dinner. Let's not go anywhere else; we'll stay here."

Jiangning had never encountered anyone taking his reserved seat before. Whenever he went out to eat, restaurant owners would warmly welcome him. But now, it seemed that even with a reservation, there were no available seats.

"Who is your boss here?" Jiangning asked the waiter.

The waiter raised an eyebrow. Did this guy want to use connections? He had seen many like him!

He replied coldly, "Our boss is Huang Yuming, Mr. Huang, the CEO of Donghai City. Have you heard of him?"

Usually, when people heard the name Huang Yuming, they knew not to mess around. They would obediently step aside. People who dared to challenge him were just asking for trouble.

Jiangning didn't say anything and instead dialed Huang Yuming's number on his phone.

At that moment, Huang Yuming was on the rooftop, enjoying a hot spring with a young model in his arms, feeling quite uncomfortable.

His phone rang from the side, and it was an unknown number. He reluctantly pulled one of his hands away from the model and answered the call.

"Hello?"