Chapter 4: Big Brother's Big Brother

Jiang Ning frowned as he read the situation.

"This Lin Feng, is he looking for trouble? He's retaliating against Lin Yuzhen so quickly," Jiang Ning thought.

"He got hurt because of me. This has nothing to do with you," Jiang Ning told Lin Yuzhen.

"I will handle it."

"No," Lin Yuzhen shook her head, her eyes red from crying. "Don't go after him. He will take your life. That bastard is ruthless."

"And, my parents must not find out about this, or they'll definitely kick you out," she continued. "You're safe here at my place. If you get kicked out, Lin Feng won't spare you."

"It's just a job. If I lose it at Lin's, I can find another one," Jiang Ning reassured her.

Lin Yuzhen managed a faint smile. She took a deep breath and went to prepare her resume.

Jiang Ning remained silent. There wasn't much he could say to this kind-hearted girl. All he could do was make those who bullied her pay the price.

Jiang Ning took out his phone and sent a short but threatening text message.

Meanwhile, Lin Feng was feeling quite pleased with himself. Once he secured this project, his position within the Lin family would rise even higher. He envisioned himself as the rightful heir to the Lin family's business empire.

With bandages still on his hand, he took the contract and went directly to Huang Group.

"I'm here to see Mr. Huang and sign the contract," Lin Feng said arrogantly as he approached the reception desk.

"Hello, do you have an appointment?" the receptionist inquired politely.

"I am Lin Feng, the General Manager of Lin Corporation. We've been discussing this project with Mr. Huang for a long time, and today we're here to sign the contract," Lin Feng replied, showing some impatience. He felt that the receptionist was asking too many questions.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Huang will only see those with appointments."

The receptionist maintained a calm demeanor.

"I already told you, I'm the General Manager of Lin Corporation!"

"I'm sorry, I only know Miss Lin Yuzhen. Mr. Huang instructed us that if Miss Lin comes, she can go straight up, but others are not allowed," the receptionist explained.

"You!" Lin Feng was getting angry. Why did Lin Yuzhen have such special treatment? Why could she go straight up while he couldn't even meet Mr. Huang? It didn't make sense to him.

"This is a major project. If it's delayed, can you bear the responsibility?" Lin Feng argued.

After saying this, he waved his hand dismissively and said, "I don't have time for this. I'll go up myself!"

As he took a couple of steps, a stern voice interrupted him.

"It's just a small project. I, Mr. Huang, can afford to lose it."

Mr. Huang had arrived.

Lin Feng immediately put on a fake smile and said meekly, "Mr. Huang, I was just joking."

"This project may be small for you, Mr. Huang, but for Lin Corporation, it's a significant project," Lin Feng added.

He hurried over, showing a great deal of respect. "I've brought the contract. Shall we proceed, Mr. Huang?"

"When did I say I was going to sign a contract with Lin Corporation?" Mr. Huang asked with a furrowed brow.

Lin Feng was taken aback. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had assumed that Lin Yuzhen had already discussed the contract with Mr. Huang.