Chapter 37: An Unbreakable Deadlock

Lin Qiang didn't pay attention to Black Tiger's outburst. What use was there to act tough in front of his subordinates? It seemed that Black Tiger was not as impressive as his reputation suggested.

His phone rang, and Lin Qiang noticed that it was a call from Lin Xiao. He furrowed his brow slightly.

"Dad."

He walked outside and answered the phone.

"Come to my place immediately!"

Lin Xiao's voice was stern, and he hung up without waiting for a response.

Lin Qiang's heart skipped a beat. He sensed some anger in Lin Xiao's tone, but he didn't know the reason behind it.

Without wasting any time, Lin Qiang immediately drove to Lin Xiao's villa.

He rushed in, looking worried. "Dad, what's going on? Did something happen? Is it that brat Lin Feng again? I'll go back and teach him a lesson!"

Lin Xiao was sitting there, and he slowly opened his eyes. "It's not Lin Feng."

"Not him? Then who made you angry?"

"It's you!"

Lin Xiao's voice suddenly grew louder. "Lin Qiang, did you send people to disrupt the construction at Lin Yuzhen's factory?"

Lin Qiang's heart sank. How did the old man find out about this?

Black Tiger!

That useless guy! His subordinates were all a bunch of idiots!

"Yes, it was me."

Lin Qiang didn't deny it and nodded directly. He knew that since Lin Xiao had asked, there was no way to hide it. Trying to justify himself would only make Lin Xiao angrier.

"Why?"

Lin Xiao still had a stern face, but he didn't seem as angry as before.

"Because Lin Yuzhen is taking advantage of us!"

Lin Qiang gritted his teeth. "She is colluding with Huang Yuming and trying to seize the assets of our Lin family! You might not know, but just this month, they bought a BMW for 500,000 yuan! Where did they get the money?"

Lin Xiao's pupils suddenly contracted.

"Lin Yuzhen may appear innocent and kind, but she has ambitious plans. She has been dissatisfied with the Lin family and with you, Dad. She harbors resentment and wants to take advantage of this opportunity to take control of our Lin family!"

Lin Qiang sighed. "What have they done for the Lin family over the years, aside from constantly reaching out for help? Nothing at all!"

"We have provided them with assistance from time to time, but what about them? They repay kindness with ingratitude!"

"Now, they are still not satisfied and want even more. As the head of the Lin family, I absolutely cannot allow these thieves to take a single penny from us!"

Lin Xiao's expression eased a bit.

"This project is crucial, and we have invested too many resources. By causing trouble like this, we are only harming our own interests!"

Lin Xiao pointed at the table.

"I didn't want to let Dad know about this originally. I could handle it on my own, but you're getting older, and you shouldn't be worrying about the Lin family anymore. It's my fault for being useless and making you worry."

Lin Qiang was filled with filial piety and appeared genuinely concerned, which comforted Lin Xiao.

"Lin Wen came to see me earlier and accused you of interfering with Lin Yuzhen."

Lin Xiao said, "It seems that Lin Wen has also changed, becoming greedy and cunning. I'm very disappointed."

"Little brother is too much!"

Lin Qiang was indignant. "While Second Brother is working hard for the Lin family in the provincial capital, I can't even sleep peacefully because of the Lin family's business. But what about him?"

The more he spoke, the heavier the disappointment on Lin Xiao's face.

If it weren't for the fact that Lin Wen still had his blood running in his veins, he wouldn't even want such a son!

"Dad, don't worry. I will protect the Lin family. I won't allow anyone to take a single penny from us."

Lin Qiang said solemnly.

Lin Xiao nodded. "With you saying that, I can rest assured. As for Lin Wen and his family..."

"I have a plan, Dad. You don't need to worry. Leave everything to me."

After comforting Lin Xiao for a while and saying many things that pleased him, Lin Xiao's mood improved.

Lin Qiang left, his face dark.

He hadn't expected that Lin Wen, who had always been weak and cowardly, would dare to complain.

But what could that accomplish?

In Lin Xiao's eyes, he, the eldest son, was the most outstanding and the one he trusted the most. Lin Wen's words were like farting in the wind!

"This deadlock can't be broken!"

Lin Qiang's eyes were filled with coldness. "Lin Wen, it's your own fault. Don't blame your big brother for being ruthless!"