Chapter 12: Another Episode!

Huang Yuming was known for his fiery temper. He had climbed to his current position in just five years, and he didn't get there by being soft-hearted.

He snorted and didn't say anything more before turning to leave. The executive who had mocked Lin Yuzhen earlier stood there, red-faced and bewildered.

He had only made a few sarcastic remarks about Lin Yuzhen, did Mr. Huang have to be so angry?

"Mr. Lin..."

He looked at Lin Qiang with a helpless expression.

"Submit your resignation letter to my desk tomorrow."

Lin Qiang felt helpless too. This executive was his man, and he couldn't understand why Mr. Huang wanted to fire him just because of a few sarcastic comments. But with the project just starting, there were still too many unknown factors, and he didn't dare to anger Mr. Huang.

Upon hearing this, the executive's heart sank.

The people around them fell into an awkward silence. He had been fired just for mocking Lin Yuzhen a bit? This was a high-ranking executive of the Lin Group!

It seemed like Mr. Huang was taking out his anger on behalf of Lin Yuzhen, but what was their relationship?

"What are you all standing around for? Don't you have work to do?"

Lin Feng shouted, and the employees immediately dispersed.

He walked over to Lin Qiang and furrowed his brows. "Dad, what's the relationship between Lin Yuzhen and this Huang Yuming? It can't be what we suspected, a romantic relationship. Judging by Mr. Huang's attitude, he's extremely respectful towards Lin Yuzhen, even more so than if he were seeing his own mother. How can that be?"

Huang Yuming was a powerful figure in the circles of both the legitimate and underground worlds of Donghai City. Even the Lin family had to be polite to him. How could a simple woman like Lin Yuzhen command such respect from Huang Yuming?

"Find out."

Lin Qiang replied with a cold face. This unexpected situation had completely disrupted his plans. If Lin Yuzhen had connections with someone like Huang Yuming, he would have to tread carefully.

"Yes!"

Lin Feng left the room.

Inside the office, Lin Yuzhen finally reacted. She walked over to Jiang Ning and stood with her hands behind her back, observing him seriously.

"What's going on here?"

She frowned. "Don't say this has nothing to do with you; I won't believe it."

Jiang Ning opened his half-closed eyes and said calmly, "I admit that it has something to do with me."

As expected!

Lin Yuzhen had suspected that Jiang Ning had something to do with the project, given his repeated assertions that she must be the one to sign it, and his insistence that the Lin family would have to bow their heads and beg him to come back to work.

However, he was just a homeless wanderer; how could he possibly know someone like Huang Yuming?

When she remembered Huang Yuming's respectful attitude when he stood in front of Jiang Ning just now...

"I know Xiao Huang."

Seeing Lin Yuzhen's intense gaze and waiting for his explanation, Jiang Ning smiled and said, "Before he became successful, Xiao Huang was a homeless wanderer. One day, he was starving, and I gave him half a steamed bun. So, he owes me a favor."