Chapter 5: When Seeking Favors, One Must Be Humble!

Lin Qiang's home.

Lin Xiao was sitting there, sipping tea. He had come specifically for that project.

The scent of sandalwood filled the air, casting a charming aroma.

"Dad, this collaboration with Mr. Huang is crucial for our Lin family," Lin Qiang said while brewing tea.

"Naturally, our Lin family will soon rise to new heights," Lin Xiao replied happily. "How's the situation with this project now?"

"No problem at all. Lin Feng went to sign the contract today," Lin Qiang said. "Your grandson never disappoints you."

Satisfied, Lin Xiao nodded.

The men of the Lin family were all outstanding.

"Dad!"

Lin Feng rushed in, looking displeased. He hesitated to speak when he saw Lin Xiao was there.

"We were just talking about you," Lin Qiang beckoned. "Your grandfather wanted to ask you about the status of the project with Mr. Huang. Did you sign the contract?"

Lin Feng glanced at Lin Xiao and appeared even more nervous. He stuttered in response, "Well, about that project..."

Seeing his hesitance, Lin Qiang's face darkened, and he had a bad feeling.

"I went there today, but Mr. Huang wasn't available. He asked me to come back tomorrow to sign it," Lin Feng said, forcing himself to speak.

If his grandfather found out that he had jeopardized the project, he would be in serious trouble.

"Mr. Huang comes from a humble background and has always been arrogant. If he asked you to wait for a day, then you'll wait," Lin Xiao said with a sly smile.

"Yes, Grandfather, I'll follow your advice," Lin Feng replied reluctantly.

Lin Qiang, however, sensed that something was wrong.

But he didn't say anything at that moment. After Lin Xiao left, he called Lin Feng to his study, and his face turned completely serious.

"What's going on?!" He shouted. "If you dare to hide anything, I'll make you regret it!"

"Dad!" Lin Feng said in a submissive tone. "This has nothing to do with me!"

"It's Lin Yuzhen!" He exclaimed angrily. "Mr. Huang said he would only sign the contract with Lin Yuzhen. He claimed that nobody else, including me, had the qualifications to meet him, so I was kicked out!"

Upon hearing this, Lin Qiang's face darkened further.

His own son, kicked out?

"That Lin Yuzhen must have some kind of relationship with Mr. Huang, or else how could it have come to this?" Lin Feng complained.

"Mr. Huang said that if it's not Lin Yuzhen signing the contract, the whole project would be canceled, and he, surnamed Huang, wouldn't care," Lin Feng added.

While Mr. Huang might not care, the Lin family certainly did.

"Do you know how much the Lin family has invested in this project?" Lin Qiang said through gritted teeth. "If this project fails, I will not only kill you, but your grandfather will also want you dead!"

Lin Feng turned pale at the prospect.

"What should we do?" he asked anxiously. He had thought this was an easy opportunity to profit, but now it had become a hot potato.

"What should we do?" Lin Qiang scolded him. "It's your fault for firing Lin Yuzhen so hastily! Now that the project is in jeopardy, both of us might be kicked out!"