Resolve

Shantii

"You want to learn how to do what?" Jaylon asked for the third time, as if he hadn't heard me the first. I rolled my eyes, he was acting like I asked him to do the impossible. I looked over to Keshina and then back at him,

"Teach us how to shoot," I repeated.

Earlier

I woke up in the morning, slid in the shower and headed to my closet in search of something to wear. I decided on a white crop top that read WEST COAST on it, a thick gold chain, a pair of camo booty shorts, my black and white Air Jordan 13's with red lining the bottom and my Coco Chanel pull over hat.

The outfit itself was bold, it only highered my level of confidence. Today especially I felt better about my body than I've felt in a while. With everything going on, I haven't done enough self appreciation and I figured now was a good time to start. I observed and admired my curves before heading to the bathroom.

I stuck my gold cross earrings into my ears and covered my eyes with my shades. I lotioned my body down, added perfume, brushed my teeth, added clear lip gloss and headed downstairs. "See you later Ma," I yelled out and rushed out of the door. I looked at my phone and rolled my eyes at the time. 8:24. I was already late.

Deciding I wouldn't be able to grab any snacks, I headed straight to school. I entered the school doors and rushed to my first period class.

When I walked in, the teacher looked up and raised an eyebrow. I gave him a small smile and headed to my desk. As the teacher was talking I realized I didn't get any lunch or breakfast, I was beyond hungry. I heard my belly grumbling so I dug in my bag and popped some TicTacs into my mouth when the teacher turned around.

It did nothing but freshen my breath. The teacher kept talking and I groaned, laying my head down on the table.

--------------

Lunch

I laid my head down on the cafeteria table, waiting for everyone to come. My stomach felt like shit but I had enough common sense to not walk to the cafeteria line. I ate from it once before and my over sensitive stomach caught food poisoning.

Everybody walked up to the table and I rolled my eyes when I saw everybody brought food. Jay walked over and grabbed my head so I could look up at him. "What's wrong baby," he said kissing my lips. "I'm hungry as fuck," I complained, poking out my bottom lip.

"Aw, come here pookie," he held his arms out. I got up and walked over to him, and he wrapped me in his arms. I was about to move away when he lifted me up onto his hip. I laughed and tried to get down but he just moved me to where my legs were straddling his waist.

He leaned down to kiss me, I laughed a little and kissed him back, running my fingers through his hair. I moaned softly when he entered his tongue in, both of our tongues lapping over each others. I swear this boy gives me life.

I felt someone tugging on me, I ignored them and gripped Jaylon closer. They tugged again and I rolled my eyes, refusing to move because I knew who it was. She yanked my hair and I broke away from the kiss, climbed off of him and turned around to see it was Heaven.

"The fuck do you want?" I snapped. "Bitch I want you to stop kissing my man," she garbled through broken teeth. When I heard what she said, I could feel myself heating up and shaking. I closed my eyes and counted to ten in my head like my therapist told me. People always say I get mad too quickly and I'm trying to fix that but shit, they would too if they had to deal with this every fucking day.

Do not lash out Shantii.
Do not lash out Shantii, I told myself.

"Like damn you always on him, give him a break bitch. I don't even know why he downgraded to you," she continued.