Bláse

Shantii P.O.V

After last night, Keshina and I drove to my house, and fell asleep. Before we left, we checked on Sharanda to see if she wanted to go home with us, but we found her knocked out, under the covers with Devonte.

From where we stood, she looked naked. I worried about her for a few minutes before shrugging. She's old enough to make her own decisions. I would only hope she hadn't gave it up after barely three months, but if she did I wouldn't put her down.

Following Morning

I stretched out on the bed and bumped into something hard. I looked to the side of me and bust out laughing. Unintentionally I kicked Shina off of the bed.

She got off of the floor and rolled her eyes, "Big ass always tossing somebody," she yawned. I gave her a smile, and hopped off of the bed and down the hallway.

I passed my mother's room, but she wasn't inside. I walked in and spotted a small note on her wide mirror hanging above the dresser.

Shantii, I'm not going to be home for the next 3 weeks, big big project at work. This can mean another promotion! I'll be back a little bit after your winter break, love you.

-Mama :*

I reread the note a few times, and then walked out. She's always leaving me, and the fact she never tells me face-to-face irritates me. She always leaves me notes, and never calls while she's away.

I understand she's working or whatever but I would also like to spend time with her. I shrugged it off and walked into the kitchen, with Keshina right behind me.

I opened the refrigerator. Other than a few snacks here and there, there wasn't any food. "I guess we have to go food shopping since Ma didn't," I rolled my eyes.

I was getting irritated as hell. First she didn't tell me she was leaving, and then she hasn't even put food into the house. So I guess she expects me to with my own money.

I slapped the refrigerator closed and started walking up the stairs to get dressed.

"Wait Shantii, look come here real quick!" Keshina yelled out my name from the living room. I made a U-turn and followed her voice. I found her with a pile of money in her hands.

"Where did you find this at?" I asked. "It was right here," she pointed at the table. I dug around in the other piles a little until I found a message written on a small pink post-it-note.

I hope you didn't think I would leave you broke. Use my card too.

-Ma 💜

Keshina and I counted the money. It came up to $3,500. Ma was always extra. This was more than 3 weeks worth of stuff. She knew I would be mad so she tried to get on my good side by giving me all of this money.

I rolled my eyes. "Girl you tripping, your mom just left you 3k and you still have an attitude?" she shook her head. I ignored her, she didn't understand.

We put the money in my room. I walked into my mother's room and grabbed her black card off of the top of her dresser. I walked back to my room and threw on a pair of burgundy ripped jeans, a white tank top and my all white with burgundy stripes Adidas.

Keshina put on light blue cut-off shorts, an all white crop top and her Powder Blue 11's. I styled my hair into a ponytail and laid down my edges.

"It is 90+ degrees outside, you really about to step out with some jeans on?" Keshina asked. "I don't like showing skin," I said simply. I ignored her other questions and focused on applying enough lip gloss on my lips.