Motions

Shantii

The next morning, I woke with sore muscles and a small ache in my head. I looked at the clock and read the time, 10:56. It was pretty early for a Saturday and after last night, I should still be knocked out. Baby sitting them wore me out.

I got up and stretched, then went in the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I heard groaning and whining from both Diamond and Monae's room, so I knew they were up. I could also tell they had massive hangovers. I laughed and spit the toothpaste in the sink.

I went into the kitchen and set up two glasses of water and two painkillers for both of them on the table before grabbing a granola bar and tearing into it. I banged on their doors, knowing the loud noise would irritate them.

"Aspirin's on the table!" I chirped and walked into my room. I looked at my phone and raised an eyebrow at all of the notifications. 21 missed calls and 147 new texts. Who could be blowing me up? I felt my heart beat quicken, wondering if something happened.

Jaylon's name flashed over and over on my screen.

Baby: my mom wants to meet you
Baby: hello?
Baby: you good?
Baby: Shantii...

Each text at first had at least a ten minute gap between them, but then as I scrolled down, the minutes ranged from 3-4. I knew he was worried, I would've been too. If he doesn't text me back within three minutes I freak out and think the worse. So me not answering for a whole night, I knew he was beyond concerned.

Baby: you acting up fr
Baby: okay you must be ignoring me tf what did I do baby?
Baby: man aight when I wake up this little attitude you got better be gone.

I laughed and continue to scroll to this morning's messages.

Baby: ohhhhh I get it. You think I'm playing with you, is that the case?

I reached the last messages, the most recent, and read it.

Baby: I'm on my way.

I rolled my eyes, he's extra. Nine times out of ten he forgot about the plans Keshina made, right in front of him, to go to the club yesterday. The way me and Jaylon set up we can't go too long without seeing each other, it's clingy, I know but we both like clingy so it works for us.