Swipple

Visual in Visual .

Shantii

When we returned home, I laid Cotton's food, water and bed out for him. I latched the customized leash on his neck, it had a little silver C in the middle of it, for his name.

I smiled down at him as he strutted around with his little arms. "He's so cute," I grinned at Keshina.

She smiled up at me and my smile faded a little bit, "Erm thanks Shina for helping me right now. I really needed someone, something, to help me get over him," I said, scrunching my upper lip into a scowl.

Just saying 'him', just bringing him up caused me physical pain. I was glad she didn't press me to confess all of my feelings to her, I don't think I would be able to without breaking down again.

"Anytime," she said and I didn't know if it was because she was so nice to me, or if it was over Jaylon but tears filled my eyes. Keshina looked up at me and saw my shiny eyes, "Shantii do not cry..aww," she cooed and that made my sobs all the more intense.

"I'm sorry, wait," I wiped my face with one hand while holding my other hand up for her to stop. I hated feeling so weak. I didn't understand why I couldn't roll him off of my back like I wanted to.

"Honey, you need to get it together. I know it hurts but you can't allow him to have this strong of a hold on you," she rubbed soothing circles on my back. "You're right," I pressed the heels of my palms against my eyes to stop the tears.

I repeated it over and over, "You're right, you're right," until the tears dried. I lift Cotton into my arms and kissed the top of his head. "Mommy's baby," I kissed his fur.

Monae and Trey were home, sitting on the living room couch. I blushed, remembering how I broke down last night, and then again in the kitchen. That's two times some one other than Keshina's seen me cry.

I sat on the couch and showed them Cotton. "Aw, he's so cute!" Monae giggled. "I know right, Keshina and I got him earlier," I nodded, then heard the sound of my phone buzzing.

I stood and followed the sound. I found my phone on the bed and thumbed through my messages. I read Jaylon's quickly before deleting him out of my contacts as a whole. Keshina walked into the room with an armful of snacks, and began munching.

I raised an eyebrow. "This can't be healthy for the baby," I shook my head and grabbed the majority of the junk food but she held on fast to her Hot Cheetos. "Fine, but when your baby comes out with a third ear, don't say anything to me," I laughed.

"Bitch don't wish that on us!" she wrapped her hand around her belly protectively. "Girl bye."

I flipped to Instagram and saw all of these notifications from @jaylon_, which was Jaylon's username.

jaylon_ has tagged you in a picture.

jaylon_ has mentioned you in a post.

This plus multiple messages from him, on every social media page I had, plus iMessage.

I rolled my eyes, and read the messages one by one. There was an off guard photo of me laid out on his bed, on the phone, I think I was speaking to Keshina. I couldn't remember when he took it, concluding my original thought, it was an off guard.