Streams

Wattpad has been a little trippy today.

'Little' being an understatement.

----------------------

Shantii

I woke up to a blinding white light. I stared at the ceiling, trying to rattle my brain to see why I was here. I looked around and saw a set of chairs beside the bed I was in.

I had a plain white gown on and my clothes were folded up on a small table in the back of the room.

Besides me, I saw Keshina leant back with her mouth wide open, slob creeping out the sides of her mouth. Ja'Quinn was underneath her, holding her waist protectively.

Jaylon had his hand wrapped in mines, he was gripping my hand firmly, almost as if he was scared to let go. He too, was fast asleep, curled into a chair.

I smiled and looked at Sharanda who was sitting on Devonte sideways, her head was in his lap and his fingers were laced in her hair.

Though I had woke up, I was still tired. I brung my hand up to my mouth to cover my yawn when a jolt of pain coursed through my arm. Unintentionally, I screeched out in pain.

Everyone jumped, and stood, looking at me. My eyebrows crinkled in confusion for a second before Keshina ran to me, throwing her arms around my neck. I could feel her tears soaking my shirt.

"What happened?" I asked, one hand locked in Jaylon's and the other was withering in pain so I couldn't reach out to comfort her.

Suddenly she pulled back and slapped me. Instinctively I smacked her back, just as hard. We smiled and bust out laughing. It was an inside joke.

"Don't ever scare me like that, how did this happen!?" she asked, suddenly turning serious.

"You remember at lunch when she told me to meet her at her house at 3:45? So I went, and she has Heaven in the house with her. Makaysia pulls a knife out on me and Heaven had a pair of scissors.

Heaven tried to cut my hair while Makaysia jabbed the knife at me. It was too much, we were in that crowded section by her door, you know what I'm talking about?" I paused the story to confirm.

They all nodded. I didn't take into consideration that Jay and Quinn nodded as well, though I should have.

"So I ran out to the front yard for more room, I handled Makaysia while Heaven jumped in. Long story short, they both have Timberland engravings printed on their face and there's a blood trail up and down her driveway," I said, rubbing my arm.

In the heat of the moment I was pissed, but reality was finally catching up to me. My friend, sister even, pulled a knife out on me. I tried to think of what I could've possibly done, but nothing came to mind.

"She did what? This is my fault. I should've been there for you, I knew it. I should've stayed on the phone with you when you went inside," Keshina sniffles. Sharanda and I comfort her.

Ja'Quinn and Jaylon share a look of guilt, I raise an eyebrow.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Alright I'ma be honest. Don't talk until I'm finished please. Just shut up," Jaylon pleads.

This sparks my interest. I sit up and stay quiet.

"Okay before I even met you, I met Makaysia. I used to fuck with her," he paused to see my face expression. I kept a straight face.