Adage

Outfit in Visual .

Shantii P.O.V.

I stared down at the message and bit my lip. In all honesty I did miss Jaylon, but he has already wasted my time, tears and now he wants me to waste gas to meet him?

If he was truly sincere, he would come pick me up, show me rather than tell me.

I locked my phone and stared at the blank screen. I really wonder why he didn't just move. I believe the feelings he once had for her, rushed back with that one kiss. Maybe he's gotten bored with her and decided he missed me afterall.

Whatever the reason, I wasn't going to find out. I ignored the message.

I looked at the time, 5:32.

I wanted to know what he had to say to me, but the last thing I wanted to do was give him the satisfaction of knowing how badly us breaking, whatever we had, off effected me.

He could've had the decency to apologize to me first instead of sending me this bullshit text that didn't mean anything.

Heaven was gloating in my face about that kiss and I couldn't even go off. He isn't mines and therefore she was free to do whatever she wanted to him.

I was thinking about whether I should go or not. I weighed the pro's and cons in my mind briefly.

If I went, chances are : me and Jaylon will make up.

I hate being mad at him. It takes too much time and energy to be mad at someone. Plus I'd rather be happy. I'm not a hold-a-grudge type of female either so us not talking for this long is not my fault.

It hasn't been a full month since I met him and I'm already feeling all of this shit towards him. I can't necessarily say that this is all of his fault because I wrapped myself around him.

I made all of this so complicated. I was telling him to not get ahead of himself, telling him what we had wouldn't go on a farther level but I should've practiced what I preached.

I sighed.

"What's wrong mamas?" Sharanda asked, pulling my phone out of my hand and typing the password in quickly. I reached out to grab it from her but she already read the message.

"You going?" she asked dryly. I knew she and the girls weren't really fans of Jaylon ever since that whole scene with Heaven but they knew I really liked him. Regardless, my girls supported me completely so when I gave her that look, she knew I was.

"Go get dressed then. The hell you waiting for?" she cracks a smile, handing the phone to me.

I grabbed it and stepped forward before hugging her. We didn't need to get all mushy, she knew what this hug meant.

I rushed up the steps and took a quick shower. I didn't plan on getting all fancy for him, he didn't deserve that quite yet, but I did intend to show him exactly what he's been missing.

I finished washing between my thighs and rinsed off before grabbing a towel and getting out. I dried off and slipped into a navy blue underwear and bra set.

I looked at the time he sent the message again, 5:30, and the current time, 6:03. I needed to hurry up.

I slid into a black crop top, a pair of white shorts with a black and white confetti print, and my white and black Jays. I put in my nose stud, belly ring and a silver thick chain.

The outfit revealed way too much than I was used to but I wanted to embrace my skin a little. That, and it was 102 degrees outside. I was tired of overheating myself.

I sprayed some perfume, lotioned up, brushed my teeth and popped in a few mints before going down stairs.

The girls were looking at me, clearly confused, then Sharanda said, "She's going to go meet her booboo."

The girls nodded, understanding who my 'booboo' was.

"Me and him...he's not my..we're not.." I trailed off.

"Girl bye," Keshina laughed. I rolled my eyes and shifted my weight.

"Love y'all, I'm out," I smiled, hugging them as I made my way to the door.

I headed into the garage and chose my all black KIA. I opened the door and slid into the leather seats .

Here goes nothing .

-----||-----

I put the car on park and rest my hands on my thighs, contemplating whether I should go back home or stay and hear what he had to say.

The meter besides me read zero minutes. I grabbed seven quarters and shoved it in the machine. It gave me two hours and twenty minutes.

I doubt I would use all of the time on the meter but with Jaylon, you just never know.

I walked up to the restaurant and read the time - 6:39. I hope he's still here.

I opened the door and made my way to the dining booths. I looked around and saw him at a booth all the way in the back. He had his hands on his head. God, he looked so stressed.

I started to feel bad but then I remembered the reason why we were where we were at, and all those sympathizing thoughts came to an end.

I made my way to him and plopped down, I waited for him to bring his head up but he was still.

I pulled one of his curls and he snapped up. He looked at me and smiled such a genuine smile he made me want to jump in his arms and forgive him over and over.

But I wouldn't. He didn't deserve that yet.

"Shantii-" he started. I blinked.

I realized, with that single word, that this lunch would take a lot longer than I intended. Not because of how he said it or what he said but because the way my body reacted.

Something about Jaylon attracts me to him. I'm not sure if it's his appearance or personality. Or simply him, as a whole but whatever it was, would be the death of me.

----
CHAPTER 20 DONE (EDITED)
COMMENT VOTE AND SUBSCRIBE