Shack

Shantii P.O.V

After school me and the girls went to a burger shack that was right around the block from school. A lot of people from school came here to eat because it was known for their famous chili cheese fries.

The burger joint was called Meaty Reeds. As soon as we came in, a waitress placed us at a booth close to the door. I sat down in the seat near the wall and picked up the menu.

Keshina nudged me and pointed somewhere. I tilted my head up to see what she was pointing at.

A few booths away from us, Heaven and her girls were laughing with the male waitress and ordering.

I shrugged, if she's not coming over here to bother us then she's not a concern.

"This bitch always popping up," Sharanda said, shaking her head.

"Sad," Makaysia added.

I picked up the menu, flipping through it. There were pictures on the side of each dish, and after a minute of thinking, I chose the BLT burger, french fries, and a large Root Beer.

Keshina had a grilled hotdog and fries with a Sprite.

Makaysia had a large Caesars salad with fruit punch.

Sharanda had some hot wings, some fries and a Pepsi.

The same waiter that handled Heaven and her friends orders, came to our table. He took our orders on a small notepad. He kept looking up at me, smiling. I rolled my eyes once he turned away.

When he had all of our orders, he looked down at me to ask, "Will that be all?" I raised an eyebrow before he glanced down at his zipper.

It took me a split second to understand what he really asked me. "Can you do your job? And retrieve my food. I didn't order inappropriate conversation," I snapped in the nicest way possible.

I knew he was in control of my food so I didn't want to piss him off but what he said was disrespectful. I should take it up with his manager but I'm seriously too nice.

The waiter walked away before going back into the kitchen, to hand the chefs our orders I assume.

"You seen how he was looking at you?" Sharanda asked.

"Shantii got hoes!" Makaysia said, making everyone laugh.

"I don't, he was just desperate," I shook my head.

These boys don't want me, they want to fuck me. There's a difference. They fall at my feet because they're desperate and need some attention, not because they want a girl.

That's why I barely fuck with boys now, Jaylon's an exception.

Boys can play your heart in a million ways, they can break you down beyond repair, and they could give less than a fuck.

I learned that by watching what literally all of my boyfriends did to me. That's why when Jaylon tries to get with me, I'm really stand-offish because I know it will all be just temporary.

Boys can't handle a relationship without sex. In this generation, sex has replaced love indefinitely and all the girls who won't put out end up single or hurt.

I'm used to it though.

I normally broke it off with all of them after the first 'accident' but..it was something about my past ex that had me still running back even when I knew he was lying straight to my face.

Though I've been hurt before, I just feel like this was the worst of the worse.

Flashback