Chapter 87. Linopha

Linopha, Soren, Callum, Ezran, Bait, and Zym had disembarked the Sea Legs and boarded a much smaller boat to head to the location of the prison.

Callum: What if Lepidolite, Claudia, and Viren beat us here? They were a step ahead of us, they're always a step ahead.

Ezran: One step ahead is okay. Because Domina Profundis told me something they don't know. The secret of the prison. It's a pearl in a shell.

Callum: So the prison's at the bottom of the sea?

Ezran: Yup.

Callum: That explains why Akiyu gave me the amulet. She enchanted the amulet with a spell that lets you breathe underwater.

Callum opened his bag and searched for the amulet.

Callum: What? The amulet's not here? Why isn't it here?

Soren: Is it possible you dropped it somewhere?

Callum: No, I don't think so.

Linopha: Finnegrin took my aquamarine. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he took the amulet too.

Callum: That's probably it. Ugh... how are we supposed to do this without being able to breathe underwater?

Linopha: I'll do it.

Callum: Are you sure?

Linopha: I'll be fine. I'm a good swimmer, and I'm just going to grab the prison and bring it back up. It's right under us, and the Sea of the Castout isn't that deep.

Linopha (thinking): This way, if I run into Lepidolite and the others down there, I can let them take the prison and pretend I was unable to stop them. I would probably be unable to stop them even if I tried to.

Callum: Okay then. Be careful.

Linopha: I will.

Linopha dove into the ocean. Everything was blurry, but she was able to make out what looked like the bones of a large carcass.

Inside the bone structure, she found the shell that had contained the prison.

When she looked in the shell, the prison was gone.

Linopha (thinking): They made it. They got the prison in time.

Linopha would have breathed a sigh of relief had she not been underwater.

Linopha swam up to the surface and got back in the boat.

Ezran: You're back! Wait, where's the prison?

Linopha was so relieved, but she tried her best to look devastated.

Linopha: It's gone. They got there first. 

The end... until season 6!