Chapter 66. Lepidolite

Kokiri, Lepidolite, Viren, Terry, and Claudia followed the being through the forest.

Terry: The mysterious being hasn't said anything yet, but look at this ooze. It's liquid, it's solid. It's got an elegant sheen, and, uh, post viscosity.

Viren: Please I... I think it's about to speak. Behold the messenger of Aaravos! Guide us, direct us to our destiny! Please. I am listening.

Claudia: Maybe it wants us to name it. How about... Sparklepuff!

Lepidolite laughed.

Lepidolite: You can't be serious.

Viren: Even this goo-spitting homunculus does not deserve a name as undignified as Sparklepuff.

Claudia: More dignified. Hmm. I got it! Sir Sparklepuff. See! He likes it!

Sir Sparklepuff scampered away and Terry chased after him.

Terry: Wait! Ugh, Sir Sparklepuff!

Viren sighed and they kept going.

Terry picked up some of the ooze on the ground.

Terry: Hmm, what do you do if I add just a touch of dirt, bit more ooze, swirl it just so. Hm. Not too sticky. Ooh. Satiny. Supple. Has a lovely stretch to it as well. You're perfect.

Sir Sparklepuff started making strange movements with his hands, as if he was trying to play charades.

Kokiri: It's trying to communicate something with its hands.

Claudia: Uh, like that party game. Word-hands.

Viren: How can anyone expect to make sense of these inane gestures?

Sir Sparklepuff does it again.

Viren: That's complete nonsense.

Claudia: No, I-I think there's, uh, maybe snake guy, pointy head? Oh! I got it. Lizard in a hat.

Viren: You believe our cosmic guide is DESPERATELY trying to tell us... "Lizard in a hat."

Claudia: Well, did I get it?

Sir Sparklepuff made exasperated noises and scampered off, with everyone else following.