100. We Did It

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but a hundred chapters wtf wow I was just hit with the reality of my obsession

__________<>__________

Harry and Bel had carefully stayed behind one of the large rocks up the hill as to avoid being seen by their past selves which were bolting down the stone pathway to Hagrid's.

There was still a significant amount of confusion surrounding just why Dumbledore had sent them to that particular time.

His words played over in Bel's mind as she hid behind the rock.

More than one innocent life may be spared.

Retrace your steps to begin.

She hadn't been able to pinpoint exactly what he had meant.

But what Harry said as the two glanced down to Hagrid's hut suddenly made everything clear.

"Look! Buckbeak's still alive!"

"Of course!" Bel exclaimed as a wave of nothing but relief and joy passed through her.

"Remember what Dumbledore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared", she continued before turning to Harry and rushing past him to get down to the hut.

Within seconds, the two were squatted down behind the same large batch of pumpkins that they hid behind earlier.

Bel only had one thing on her mind, rather selfishly considering the real reason they had gone back in time.

Save Buckbeak.

Sirius Black could wait.

Bel didn't take her eyes of the hippogriff, still looking as calm as he had been when she last saw him, totally oblivious to herself and Harry behind the pumpkins.

She heard the muffled speech of Hagrid, herself, Harry, Ron and Hermione from across the garden as the two waited in silence for the right time.

Bel didn't quite know what was going to happen.

They didn't have a plan at all, and to act now or at any point would result in them being seen.

All she knew was that she was going to succeed.

Perhaps her past self would be understanding and help her?

No. That was out of the question.

The laws of time had to be obeyed, even when it came to saving Buckbeak.

It was something she knew she would have to remind Harry when they got to Sirius Black.

So she might as well heed her own advice.

Bel's mind was turning, trying to think of some sort of plan to go with.

It was going to be tricky.

They would have to find a way to get it done without Fudge being able to place blame on anyone.

It would have to appear as though Buckbeak simply vanished into the wind.

That's how seamless they had to be.

Otherwise Fudge would be able to blame Hagrid, send out a search for the hippogriff, and their rescue attempt would be worthless.

Before she could ask Harry what his idea might be, the sound of crows squawking behind her made Bel turn around.

Harry did the same after seeing her shift in her position, and they both laid eyes on Dumbledore, Fudge, and the executioner heading down the stone pathway.