48. Answers

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Hermione would have gone with them as a cat anyways because why not

__________<>__________

"Well, sit down."

Harry and Ron followed Draco's instructions as they took a seat on one of the leather couches opposite the one Malfoy had chosen to slump down on.

Bel remembered that Crabbe and Goyle were really Harry and Ron.

Draco didn't know that.

So she quickly chose to sit on a separate chair away from her friends. It was what she would do if it were the real Crabbe and Goyle.

"Speak, freak. Why do you want to know about the heir of Slytherin?" he immediately asked Bel.

"I want to know who you think it is", Bel said, getting straight to the point, remembering the time limit they had on this opportunity.

"Wouldn't you like to know? Rumour has it he's your little Gryffindor friend", Malfoy answered.

"It's not Harry", Bel quickly responded, seeing Harry flinch in his seat.

"How would you know?"

"I just know."

"That's not very sound reasoning."

"You know it's not him too."

"And what makes you think that?"

"I --- I just know."

"Again ... not sound reasoning. Even if I knew anything I wouldn't tell a freak like you. Especially since you have such a weird bond with Dumbledore."

"You want these attacks to happen? If you did know something you would refuse to tell Dumbledore because he would keep students ... your classmates safe?"

"It's getting rid of mudbloods. That's how magical schools are supposed to be run."

Harry, Ron, and Bel all took a second to compose themselves before one of them gave away that two of them weren't who they were presenting to be.

To Bel, she weirdly found herself thinking something very different to pure anger like the two Gryffindors.

Whilst Draco Malfoy was speaking, she could only hear Lucius Malfoy's voice.

Just like how Harry and Ron's voices were heard coming from Crabbe and Goyle.

Her mind was telling her that it wasn't Draco saying these things, but his father instead.

His father's influence on such a malleable mind.

But why was her mind telling her this?

It should be a matter of like father like son.

So that is what she focused on.

"You're wrong", she muttered, sitting on the edge of her seat.

"You'll see reason eventually. You're one of us. Father said so. A pureblood. If you weren't you never would have step foot in my house."

"Don't call me that", Bel said in a louder, stern voice as she stood up.

"I should have known you're someone who can't handle the truth."

Malfoy's words unexpectantly struck her hard.

She couldn't handle the truth.

The truth.