35. The Flying Car

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Ginny Weasley would have been like she was in the books in the movies, personality and all

_________<>__________

Bel had wound up staying at the Burrow for a few days before the train was scheduled to leave for Hogwarts.

During that time, she had officially gotten to know most of the members of the Weasley family.

The difference between the Burrow and Malfoy Manor was immeasurable.

They were almost total polar opposites.

And Bel preferred the Burrow by a mile.

The entire place had a warm and welcoming atmosphere, purely created by the family that inhabited it.

A family that she was now a part of.

Fred and George had even bought up the idea of adoption to their parents one night.

Bel immediately and politely declined, as she knew that her home had to be Hogwarts.

She didn't forget about the duties she had.

It did slightly hurt her to do so, however.

To finally have a real family, not just a hypothetical one, would definitely be a change in her life.

But she was used to changes after last year.

And she doubted that becoming a Weasley would be a negative one.

It would also save her from ever returning to Malfoy Manor again.

But, for now, it remained a dream she would visit in her sleep.

Harry had also stayed at the Burrow.

He shared a room with Ron whilst Bel was given a small bed on the top floor to herself.

Mrs Weasley hadn't dealt with a girl of her age quite yet, as Ginny was the year below, and so she insisted Bel be allowed her privacy.

Even though she was given a space of her own, she spent the last few days constantly surrounded by people.

Mainly Harry and Ron, the former wanting Bel to catch him up on everything he had missed in her letters.

Bel told him about the dreadful stays in Malfoy Manor but left out pretty much all details.

She didn't want to give Harry more reasons to hate the boy more than he already did.

She also told him about the changes to her curriculum, to which he responded in a fit of jealousy.

The final thing that she explained was how her training was going.

Naturally, another thing she left out details of.

All people needed to know was that she was handling it.

They didn't need to know how she was handling it, or what she had to go through to do so.

But her words didn't work as well as her actions did in showing just how much she had improved over the summer break.

Dumbledore had given her strict instructions to practice every day in some capacity.

So, each morning, as the sun rose, Bel would jump out of bed and wander out into the vast Greenland that surrounded the Burrow.

It was there she felt more at peace. Surrounded by nature. It was the closest she could get to her clearing that she missed dearly, despite only being away from it for a week.