43. Talking to Snakes

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Malfoy getting tickled would have made it to the films

__________<>__________

A week had passed and the first day of Lockhart's duelling club had arrived.

In that time, Bel had been informed that not only were all her friends attending the club with her, but Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all staying over for Christmas.

Apparently, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all were too, giving them the perfect opportunity to initiate their plan.

Bel did wonder why Malfoy was staying over Christmas.

Harry had pointed out that he might be terrified that she would be going to Malfoy Manor and so he wanted to avoid her.

It seemed reasonable enough.

If it was the case, Malfoy would be annoyed to find out that he had chosen to stay in the only place Bel would be for Christmas.

She couldn't leave Hogwarts, especially with the Chamber of Secrets being such a threat.

The holiday break would give her the luxury of searching without worrying about all the other students.

She had also not received any more mysterious notes all term.

It was just the one.

Missed me?

It stayed hidden away in her 'don't think about it' box.

But Bel did find herself thinking about it.

Different parts of her brain were all lighting up.

It was as if she knew somehow everything fit together, and yet she couldn't understand how.

It was infuriating.

The note.

The petrified student.

The Chamber of Secrets.

Her family.

How did they all fit together?

"What are you thinking about?"

Harry's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

She turned to face her friend who was watching her with a slightly concerned expression.

They were currently stood in the Great Hall which had been converted to a duelling arena.

There was a long rectangular platform in front of her, decorated with blue and gold.

It had reminded her of the platform she duelled on down in the dungeons last year.

"I'm just thinking about how insufferable Lockhart is going to be during all this", Bel lied in reply to Harry's question.

It was obvious he didn't believe her but Lockhart's presence stopped him from pushing her on it.

"Gather round! Gather round!" the professor announced as he stepped up onto the platform.

Immediately the vast number of students all crowded around the edge of the stage.

Bel was sandwiched in between Harry and Ollie.

Riley and Tia were both on Ollies left, Ron and Hermione being on Harry's right.

The older students were behind them, including Fred and George, Cedric, Patrick, and Oliver Wood.