19. The Feast

DISCALIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did the ICCCC would be canon

__________<>__________

Bel had quickly left the Gryffindor common room to place her new belongings in her own dorm room.

Her flower from Riley went on her bedside table, the potion from Ollie in her toiletries bag, the watch from Cedric was on her wrist, the swing from Dumbledore safely tucked away until the snow cleared up, the book from Hermione placed with her other collection of spell books from the library, the lantern from Hagrid hung up on her bedpost, and whatever sweets or chocolate she had left over from her earlier indulgence went on her bed.

The mysterious necklace, however, she placed somewhere else.

Bel had bought a small box that contained all the mysterious things she owned.

She called it her 'don't think about it' box.

Inside lay all the anonymous notes she received and the piece of paper her mother had left her.

Now those items were joined by the necklace.

Bel once again looked over the objects and felt the cogs in her mind beginning to turn, but she quickly stopped herself.

Today was Christmas. The first Christmas she can see herself enjoying.

It wasn't going to be ruined by things she doesn't need to think about.

It can wait until another day.

Bel closed up the box and held her hand over the top of it.

"Colloportus", she whispered, and the box magically sealed itself shut.

A spell that she had learnt from one of the books in the library, and after a few practices with the box, she had mastered casting it without her wand.

Bel then slid the box back where it belonged under her bed and headed out to meet back up with Harry and Ron.

The three friends spent their day doing things Bel dreamed of doing back in the orphanages.

They had snowball fights outside, warmed up in the Hufflepuff common room as Ron insisted it was nicer than the Gryffindor one, and played a very intense game of hide and seek around the empty school.

And after seemingly endless fun and laughter, dinner had arrived.

Dumbledore had told her about the Christmas Feast that took place.

Considering the very small number of students that remained at Hogwarts over the Christmas holidays, there was no need for the four house tables to be used.

Instead, everyone sat around a single table in the middle of the Great Hall and ate a wonderous meal prepared by the elves in the kitchen.

Bel had snuck into the kitchens on a few occasions after missing out on meals due to losing track of time in the forest.

Hopefully her new watch would help her with that issue.

Whenever she would go at night, she usually ran into the resident troublemakers of Hogwarts; Fred and George Weasley.

The two had shown her around the kitchen and introduced her to all of the elves.

Bel quickly bonded with the mysterious creatures.

She didn't like the idea of them acting as slaves, and was always as kind as humanly possible to each one, resulting in the elves taking a large fondness to her.