77. He's Been Sighted

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but I want a friend like Harry :/

__________<>__________

Draco hadn't left the hospital wing until two days later.

According to anyone who was within earshot of the place, he was still whimpering constantly.

Truly a spectacular performance to try and gain any form of sympathy from any idiot who was willing to give it.

Bel hated that she had been, ever so briefly, one of those people.

She hadn't exactly given Malfoy sympathy for his arm.

That was entirely his doing.

But she had given him sympathy.

For the type of person he was.

And for some reason it had opened a gateway for him to strike a deal with her to keep his mouth shut.

Even though he was cruel about the entire affair, it had led to some dangerous thoughts in Bel's mind.

That maybe she had been right last year.

That the light inside of Draco Malfoy hadn't yet been squandered by his father completely.

And the fact that Malfoy hadn't breathed a word of their deal to anyone reinforced that.

But as it always went with the extremely rare instances of niceties with Malfoy, Bel considered herself lucky and went about her day.

After all, he had told her to stay away from him.

Not only did she want to do just that, but it meant she wouldn't make the mistake of pushing him on this whole 'good side' she theorized he may have.

And the final silver lining was that she could distance herself from all his incessant whining.

According to a very angry Ron, he had made their Potions class a nightmare that morning. Forcing everyone to do his tasks for him, using his injury as an excuse.

Harry had been oddly quiet on the matter.

In fact, he had been oddly quiet to Bel for the past two days in general, even when she gave him the good news that Malfoy was going to keep his mouth shut.

She put it down to the whole omen of death thing weighing on him.

And she also didn't get the back end of his list of things to complain about which heavily involved his disapproval about her involvement with the dementors and the school's protection.

Yesterday, Bel had both a Patronus lesson with Dumbledore right before she was set to be on duty.

No longer being on duty with Hagrid in the forbidden forest that year gave her more time to spend with the cheery dementors.

As she had intended, Bel switched her memory to the one of herself and Harry flying upon Buckbeak.

The Hippogriff Patronus she produced seemed to be miles brighter and stronger than before.

Which would certainly come in handy sooner rather than later.

Especially with the information she was about to receive.

Bel walked into the Great Hall where the third years were all taking their break in-between first and second period.

Riley, Tia, and Ollie had all decided to head back to the common room as they heard there would be a new flavour of cookie awaiting them there from Patrick.