53. Quidditch Is Cancelled

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Hermione wouldn't have been the petrified one cause she deserved better

__________<>__________

Bel wasn't an idiot.

There was something going on, and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

She knew her friends too well at this point to know they tended to expand on their curiosity.

And they were clearly keeping something they were curious about from her.

It was made clear from the fact that they had been avoiding her for the past few weeks.

In the rare times she spent in their company, they seemed on edge, swerving around the topic of the Chamber of Secrets entirely.

Bel couldn't blame them of course.

Ron had been right when he said she might be paranoid.

She kept hearing faint voices saying murderous phrases as she walked around the hallways.

Each time she tried using the room of requirement to take her to the entrance it kept putting her out by the girl's bathroom.

Despite the impossible implication that she was the heir of Slytherin, the question hadn't left her mind for even a second.

Last term she had nearly gone mad searching for the chamber and trying not to feel guilty for the attacks that happened.

She needed to get used to the fact that it was no longer her responsibility.

There had been no more attacks recently, and so she had nothing to feel guilty about.

Not talking about it would help.

But it didn't diminish the fact that they were keeping something from her.

And if it had to do with the Chamber of Secrets like she suspected, they might be repeating the circumstances of last year.

Walking right into danger.

However, she didn't have time to nag them about it as a certain quidditch match took over her mind.

Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor.

The first time Bel would be playing against Harry directly.

She was so excited, and thankful they were back on what she thought to be the same page again, she couldn't stay mad that her Gryffindor friends were being so secretive.

"Repeat over what I said to you", Tia demanded at the Hufflepuff breakfast table.

Bel rolled her eyes and swallowed a mouthful of eggs on toast.

"I will not, in any way, throw this game because I am going up against one of my friends", she then repeated the words Tia had been telling her all morning.

"And ...", Tia continued.

"And ... if Gryffindor happen to win, I will enact a vow of silence against them for three days."

"Good", Tia said with a satisfied smile.

Bel chuckled at her friend's competitive nature before taking another bite of her toast.

"Ready to go two for two?" Patrick called out as the older members of the Hufflepuff team approached them.

"Obviously", Tia replied.