23. Detention

DISCLAIMER 

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Fang would have been the main character

__________<>__________

There were a few things Bel had missed out on during and after the quidditch match.

Firstly, there had been complications that resulted in Ron and Hermione being unable to talk to Hagrid.

Such complications involved a fight that broke out between Ron, Neville, and Malfoy.

Secondly, Harry had seen Snape and Quirrell speaking to one another, only raising his suspicion that Snape was after the Philosophers stone.

Both of these things had resulted in the three Gryffindors deciding that time was of the essence, and that they needed to speak to Hagrid urgently.

The consequence was sneaking out of their dorms and heading to Hagrid's hut after curfew.

The hut where Bel and Hagrid were currently sat after they had returned from the Forbidden Forest on one of their duties.

Hagrid was doing something that intrigued Bel to no end. He was cooking a dragon's egg to help it hatch.

The half giant had promised that she could help as a reward for assistance in the forest over the winter.

The number of injured and struggling creatures in the freezing temperatures were overwhelming, and the two had managed to save as many as possible.

Hagrid had also taken notice of Bel's affinity for animals, and also the affinity they had for her.

She seemed to bond with them, and them with her, like nothing he had ever seen before.

And so he hoped that her being around would help his new baby dragon feel comfortable.

"I've never seen a real dragon before", Bel said from a gigantic leather armchair as Hagrid threw a few more logs onto the fire.

"Well, this dragon will never 'ave seen a person before", he replied, glancing into the metal pot over the fire containing the egg.

"Do you know what it will look like?" Bel asked.

"Not a clue", Hagrid responded.

Suddenly, there was a hurried knock at the door.

"Ya still got extended curfew, don't ya?" Hagrid asked Bel as he walked over to the door, just in case it was Filch.

With her extended curfew in place, she wouldn't get into trouble if she was caught out of bed.

Bel nodded and sat forward in her chair to see who was at the door.

However, Hagrid was standing in the way, blocking her vision.

But she didn't need to see faces to know who was there.

"Hagrid!" the voice of Harry said from the other side of the door.

"Oh, 'ello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to en'ertain today", Hagrid replied as he tried to close the door.

Hagrid wasn't one to say no to people.

He knew that the Gryffindors at his door would get into trouble if they were caught out of bed and in his hut, so turning them away like that was the only way he saw how.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" the voices of Ron, Hermione, and Harry all called out.

"Oh", Hagrid said as he opened the door once more and turned to walk back into the hut.