69. The Girl's Scream

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but you can bet your ass that Lupin and Sirius will be more than just friends in this fanfic

__________<>__________

Harry had a bit of a run in that morning.

Considering the danger, when describing Harry as having a 'run in' one would think it meant with a dangerous escaped Azkaban prisoner, a huge basilisk, or Voldemort himself.

But this morning, he had faced his most terrible foe yet.

His Care of Magical Creatures textbook.

It had taken an extensive amount of effort for him to fend it off, using his shoe as bait against the book which took the form of a snapping creature.

But once he had taken care of it, he decided it was time to leave his room and find something to eat other than the warned pea soup.

As he left his room, two familiar animals ran past him alerting him to the presence of two individuals somewhere in the Leaky Cauldron who he desperately wished to see.

It was a rat belonging to Ron Weasley, being chased by a cat belonging to Hermione Granger.

All that was missing was the familiar, black-feathered owl belonging to Bel aiding Hermione's cat in the chase for Ron's rat.

But he knew he would be seeing her soon, and Ron and Hermione were there right now.

Harry took off in an almost sprint towards the pub area he had walked through last night to try and locate his friends.

As he approached the top of the rickety wooden staircase, he heard Ron's voice yelling.

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy."

Harry couldn't hold back the smile that was forming on his lips as he walked further onto the landing, glancing down to see Ron protectively holding his rat whilst scowling at Hermione, also protectively holding her cat, as the two argued.

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect? It's in his nature", Hermione spat.

"A cat? Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair", Ron argued back as Harry walked down the stairs.

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush", Hermione retorted as her cat started to whine.

"It's alright, Crookshanks. Just ignore the mean little boy", she soothed.

"Harry!" Ron exclaimed before the argument could continue any further, taking notice of Harry's presence on the staircase.

"Harry!" Hermione also said, turning around to face him.

It didn't take much longer before Harry had jumped down the final few steps, refraining from hugging his friends whilst they still had their pets in their arms.

It also didn't take long for them to take their seats at a nearby table, Ron pulling out an article from a wizarding newspaper to show Harry.

On the front was the entire Weasley family, waving with smiles at the camera, stood in front of a gigantic pyramid.

The second he saw a moving picture, his mind flicked back to the one of Bel stood in Azkaban prison.

He wanted to bring it up to Ron and Hermione. Ask if they had seen it, and if they had, if they had any thoughts as to what on earth she was doing there.