11. Troll in the Dungeon

DISLCAIMER 

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did TROLL IN THE DUNGEON (thought you ought to know)

__________<>__________

The next morning, Bel had noticed a couple of things.

Firstly, she noticed that she hadn't had time to tell Dumbledore about the mysterious note she had received.

With all the new information she had about herself and her wand, she simply forgot about it completely.

Secondly, that she has promised to tell Harry, Ron, and Hermione what her lessons would be about.

There was absolutely no way she was going to reveal that she had an evil wand in her possession that could turn her into a murderer ... or worse.

She would be a total outcast.

Everyone in her house would hate her.

The only people she could think that would be accepting of her then would be the Slytherins ... and Draco Malfoy.

She shuddered at the thought.

No way would that be her life here. Especially since she didn't have a way out.

A rejected Hufflepuff who people feared.

A secret, she had decided.

But just how long she could keep it a secret was yet to be seen.

And one of the indicators that it wouldn't be for long came during her first charms class.

"Bel, are you listening?" Ollie whispered to the dazed-out girl whilst simultaneously nudging her back into her surroundings.

"Sorry, I'm a bit distracted", Bel replied.

"Has it got to do with your lesson with Dumbledore?" Riley asked from her other side.

The tone she used was gentle.

The reason for this was because of the lie Bel used to cover up the real reason for her lessons with Dumbledore.

She had said it was a search for her family.

It was a subject that people naturally believed to be sensitive for the girl considering her parents were dead and no other family had yet presented themselves, and so no one would press further.

And that's exactly how Ollie, Riley, and Tia had reacted when she told them over breakfast.

"It might do", Bel replied in a saddened whisper, resulting in Riley rubbing her back in comfort and Ollie giving her a sympathetic smile.

"One of a wizards most rudimentary skills is levitation or the ability to make objects fly", Professor Flitwick explained just as Bel focused back in on the charms lesson.

She had made a point of avoiding the Gryffindor trio (now sitting on the other end of the classroom to her) that morning to test out her lie on her Hufflepuff friends.

They bought it.

But she didn't think Gryffindors would be as easy to persuade.

Opposite her was the once again glaring eyes of Draco Malfoy, sandwiched in between his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Uh, do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, don't forget the nice wrist movement that we practiced. The swish and flick. Everyone ..." Professor Flitwick continued from where he was stood up on a stack of books.