16. Please Don't Hate Me

DISLCAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did there would've been a more accurate representation of British boarding schools

__________<>___________

Sunday morning.

Breakfast.

Bel was staring straight ahead at the Gryffindor table where three friends sat.

At the current moment, they were her friends too.

But that remains to be seen.

It all depended on the outcome of the conversation she was about to offer to them.

"Bel? Are you listening to me?" Tia said from her left.

"Appears distant ... deep in thought. Distressed even. I'm jotting that down to report to Professor Sprout next week", Cedric teased from where he was sat to her right.

"I chose you to watch me because I didn't think you would take it too seriously", Bel complained.

"I don't know what made you think that. I am taking this very seriously. The way I see it, your life is in my hands. I'm watching your every move", Cedric said before ruffling her hair and standing up.

"Stay out of trouble, May", he called out as the third year smugly walked out of the Great Hall.

"Sorry, Tia, what were you saying?" Bel asked, snapping back into her other conversation.

"I was telling you of all the different ways I should hex you for losing us 10 house points. If you're supposed to be part of all four houses, can't they split it up at least? 2.5 points from each", Tia continued her complaining.

It had started after Bel told her friends about the outcome of her meeting with Dumbledore and the other staff members.

Needless to say, Tia wasn't happy.

She was a dear friend to Bel. But sometimes her competitive nature can cause her to become a bit ... snappy.

"Well, then I'd be hated by everyone. I'd rather it just be you who's mad at me because you can't stay that way forever", Bel said with a sweet tone and a wink.

Tia rolled her eyes, but the accompanying smile told Bel she was right.

And out of the corner of her eye, Bel saw the three Gryffindors stand to leave.

"I'll see you guys later", Bel quickly said as she pretty much jumped up from her seat and bolted over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

By the time she reached them, they were at the entrance of the hall.

"Hey!" Bel said as she ran in front of them, stopping them in their tracks.

The cold looks she received were a result of a talk the three had had.

They had decided that Bel was hiding something.

If she was being secretive and distant, so would they.

"I need to talk to you three", Bel said.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all exchanged looks before nodding at Bel to let her know they did too.

"Not here, though", Bel added, seeing the three remain still.

"I've always wanted to go into the Hufflepuff common room", Ron said quickly.

Of course he would. It was right next to the kitchens.

"I think that can be arranged. Follow me", Bel said as she turned on her heel and led the three Gryffindors towards Hufflepuff basement where the entrance to their common room was located.