78. Focus On Your Fear

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but my brother (who has never seen Harry Potter) just asked me what it's about and I'm debating telling him Bel is a real character for laughs

__________<>__________

Professor Lupin maintained his 'making learning fun' approach.

Bel had walked into the third year DADA class to see that all the desks and chairs were already cleared to one side.

All that stood in the centre of the room was a wooden wardrobe, mirrors decorating its doors.

The second the students entered, the wardrobe had moved.

Very violently shaken, in fact.

If it weren't for the fact they were in a DADA lesson, each of the students would have been terrified.

Professor Lupin had simply shut down all the questions that ensued, telling his students that they would find out very soon what lay inside the wardrobe.

And once they had all gathered in a group towards the back of the room, that time came.

"Intriguing, isn't it?" Professor Lupin said as he stood behind the rest of the class, the wardrobe continuing to jump about.

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" he asked, slowly walking around the side of the room.

"That's a boggart, that is", Dean Thomas answered.

"Very good, Mr Thomas", Professor Lupin praised.

Harry glanced to both Bel and Ron who were stood to his right at the front of the crowd with confusion.

Bel kept her eyes firmly placed on the wardrobe.

She had her own experiences with boggarts.

Only once when Dumbledore had specifically charmed it to turn into a dementor for her training.

To do so required very complicated memory charms which Bel didn't even bother to ask about.

All she knew was the boggarts trifled with your fears.

And Bel had a long list of fears.

"Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?" Lupin then asked after the wardrobe rattled again.

"No one knows."

The voice came from Hermione who had suddenly appeared beside Ron, the boy turning to her in shock.

"When did she get here?" he asked Bel.

All Bel did was shrug her shoulders, trying her level best not to smirk.

Hermione had filled her in just yesterday on her newly acquired time-turner.

Something she had made Bel swear not to tell another soul about.

Bel, of course, agreed.

"Boggarts are shapeshifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most", Hermione continued with her answer. "That's what makes them so –"

"So terrifying ... yes, yes, yes", Professor Lupin finished her sentence for her as he approached the wardrobe.

"Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now ... without wands, please", he instructed, changing his mind once people started reaching for their wands.

He managed to shoot Bel a small wink during that moment of change, letting her know that 'without wands' didn't mean what she would naturally think it meant.