98. The Dementor's Kiss

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but I recently became aware of a Snape x Hermione ship and now I'm ashamed to be a part of this community

__________<>__________

The group had things to do.

Now that Harry was convinced without a shadow of a doubt that Sirius Black was innocent of all the claims made that he was a murderous, raving lunatic, his next order of business was to ensure everyone else knew it too.

All that needed to be done was to bring Peter Pettigrew to the castle.

They had all the witnesses they need.

And Dumbledore would most definitely listen to each of them.

Not to mention Ron needed to get to the hospital wing.

His bite was worse than intended, which Sirius was currently apologizing for as the group all made their way back through the tunnel towards the Whomping Willow.

"Sorry about the bite. I reckon that twinges a bit."

"A bit? A bit! You almost tore my leg off!" Ron whined as Sirius and Harry carried him down the dirt steps, each having one of his arms swung over their shoulders.

"I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas ... they're murder", Sirius replied, causing Harry to chuckle.

He couldn't quite believe what was happening.

Seeing Sirius Black in a new light, he finally had a godfather.

Family.

A good one.

He had never had that before.

It was new territory for him, and now that Remus Lupin was also in the clear, Harry knew it was new for Bel too.

He turned his neck around to glance behind Ron's shoulder to see her walking beside Hermione, the two engaged in a conversation he couldn't hear.

But she looked calm, and so Harry saw fit to continue on.

He knew the two would talk everything through together once Sirius' name had been cleared.

Harry and his godfather managed to haul Ron up through the gap in the roots of the large tree that was still charmed to remain still, most likely from Snape's wand who was still lying unconscious in the Shrieking Shack.

They rested him down on one of the lumps of wood, Hermione and Bel emerging just after them.

Sirius slowly started walking away from the four friends, his chest facing the view of Hogwarts in the distance.

It was lit up by the moonlight, the sky now dark.

Harry couldn't help but have the urge to go and finally speak with his godfather.

To ask him so many questions, to hear all the answers.

Just to spend any time with him at all.

"Go", he heard Bel say to him.

She had knelt down beside Ron, analysing his wound to try and figure out if any spells could help it.

Hermione was to Ron's other side, and Harry was crouched down in front of him.

"No, no. Don't worry. It's fine, I'll stay", Harry blurted out, knowing that Ron was still injured.

"You go. We'll stay", Bel then said to him as Hermione nodded to agree with her.