13. The First Quidditch Game

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Hufflepuff would have won the Quidditch Cup more often

__________<>__________

Over the weekend, the first Quidditch match of the year took place. 

It was Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

Meaning Bel could join Ron and Hermione to cheer on Harry as he made his debut as the youngest quidditch seeker in over a century.

She knew that if she even dared cheer on another team whilst Hufflepuff was playing, Tia would kick her out of their dorm for at least a week as punishment.

At breakfast Saturday morning, Bel excused herself from Ollie and Riley as she saw Harry walk in dressed in his red and yellow quidditch uniform.

"Nervous?" Bel asked as she took a seat to Harry's left, opposite Ron who had Hermione to his left.

"Just a bit", Harry admitted.

He looked more than just a bit nervous.

His face was completely pale, and Bel noticed he hadn't touched his food.

"I'm sure you'll do great. But I'm going to have to add a bit of pressure onto you. Tia is a very competitive person and last night dragged us all into placing bets on who would win. I have two galleons riding on Gryffindor", Bel admitted.

"I wouldn't hold out much hope to see your money back", Harry said as he took big gulp.

"Oh, I'm fully expecting that I will. You wouldn't have been put on the team as the youngest seeker ever if you were bad at quidditch", Bel said.

"She's right, you know. And you should really eat something. It'll give you strength", Hermione added.

"I'm not hungry", Harry replied in a flat tone.

Before the other three could protest, they were interrupted by a voice coming from behind Bel and Harry's shoulders.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll a little game of quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin", the low and intimidating voice of Professor Snape spoke out before he limped away from their table.

"That explains the blood", Harry muttered as he watched Snape leave.

"What blood?" Bel asked.

"Listen, the other night I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But he got himself bit, that's why he's limping", Harry explained.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked from across the table.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret", Harry replied.

"So you're saying ...", Hermione started.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants", Harry finished for her.

Bel furrowed her eyebrows in deep thought.

Professor Snape was rather mysterious and terrifying, but why would he be trying to take something that was already guarded safely in the school he worked for?

It didn't make any sense.

Before she could raise her point, the sound of squawking interrupted her.