80. Bond

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but this fic is starting to drain me because I'm making things too complicated for myself 

__________<>__________

October had passed just as September had.

Hermione clearly hadn't mentioned the conversation between Fudge and Dumbledore that the two girls overheard at the beginning of the month to Harry or Ron, considering neither boy had bought it up.

Bel herself had been particularly annoyed with Dumbledore because of it.

He had told her last year that he could give her answers, but whether or not they are the right ones made him refrain from doing so.

She could just ask him, but not only could she not bring up the conversation out of fear Hermione would get into trouble for using her time turner, but she found herself being afraid of something else.

It was clear her father had done something bad. Whether Bel wanted to know what it was remained untold.

She had never wished to know who her parents were, or anything about them.

All she had wished for was a family.

Her mother had told her to go out and find one.

Perhaps this was what she meant.

Go and find a new family because the one you have isn't one that you would want.

Bel had a small voice in the back of her head telling her that since her father was related to Voldemort, that he used to be an heir of Slytherin, what he could have done mustn't have just been bad.

It could have been terrifyingly horrific.

Something Bel didn't want to discover considering her recent boggart experience.

Was that version of her the version that was akin to whoever her father was?

Is that why she's been trained for years to control her wand?

Because her father was just like that version of her.

Evil, uncaring, heartless.

The only person she really found herself wondering about was her mother.

The woman who fell for such a person.

If Bel was going to be delivered such answers, the person who gave them couldn't be from a headmaster.

It had to be from someone who knew her personally.

And considering Bel didn't even know her name, she had nowhere to start searching.

But searching was a slippery slope.

What if she discovered the things Fudge was clearly so afraid of her finding out?

Why was he so afraid of her finding out?

Why all the secrecy?

That was where Bel was confused.

She knew from Dumbledore that she wasn't allowed to know about her true self when she first arrived at Hogwarts because her wand might have taken advantage of the fact.

With her being as clueless as she was about how the wizarding world worked, the wand could have easily homed in on the fact she was an heir of Slytherin to get her to travel down that path.

The path to the other version of herself which the boggart had shown.

But she had found out about her title last year, and so far, nothing had come from it.