61. Revelation

DICLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but I'm not 100% sure if Lucius was casting the killing curse to Harry or not but I sort of went with it 

__________<>__________

Fawkes was a very strong bird.

He had managed to fly the group of five up through the sewers, taking them out of a different entrance which let out just outside of the castle.

The sky a dark shade of navy blue, white spots of stars littered around the moon.

Lockhart had been the one to hold on at the front, Harry holding onto his ankle, Bel wrapping her arms tightly around the boy's torso as Ron held onto her ankle and Ginny wrapping her arms around his torso in turn.

They had all walked through the school in total silence, the trick to keeping Lockhart quiet being a charm Bel had cast to stop him from being able to talk.

Firstly, they returned a very still-in-shock Ginny, who hadn't stopped crying, to the Gryffindor common rooms where they told her to wake Fred, George, and Percy who would more than likely take her to see McGonagall.

Secondly, they dropped Lockhart in his office, not caring what he did after they left.

"What do we do now?" Ron asked in a whisper as they all exited the DADA classroom.

"I need to take Fawkes and the Sorting Hat back to Dumbledore's office", Bel replied.

"We might as well join you. I'll leave the sword there too", Harry said.

The three were all secretly thankful they didn't yet have to separate.

Ginny wasn't the only one still in shock.

Harry, Bel, and Ron were all still reliving the events that had just transpired.

Being together is what they needed right now.

"You don't think we'll get in too much trouble, do you?" Ron mumbled as they approached the entrance to Dumbledore's office, Bel saying the password before answering her friend.

"It depends on whether the fact we saved Ginny's life counteracts the danger we put ourselves in."

"You don't have to worry. Weren't you a part of the search anyways? Surely Dumbledore won't punish you", Ron pointed out as the brass bird started to move upwards, the stone stairs leading to the office following it.

"I wasn't supposed to be part of it anymore. I'm in the same boat as the two of you. But if worse comes to worst, I'll take the blame. Dumbledore certainly won't expel me, and I don't have any family for him to speak to. The same can't be said for you. It's like when the three of us were in trouble after crashing the flying car into the Whomping Willow. I got let off much easier than the two of you."

Both Harry and Ron looked at her with eyes that said, 'No chance'.

"I think you're forgetting the howler you received from your mum. She said one more toe out of line and you'd be sent home. What we did tonight was certainly more than a toe out of line!" Bel argued.

Ron's eyes shifted from 'No chance', to 'Ok maybe a chance'.

"Fine. Then the two of us will cover for Ron", Harry said before Bel could continue, the three finally having reached the wooden door.

"That won't be necessary."

The voice of Albus Dumbledore spoke out to them as they walked into the office.