56. Taken by the Monster

DISCLAIMER 

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did Lockhart would've been tried as a pedo cause why did he keep winking at underage girls in his classes

__________<>__________

Bel had received three new pieces of information once Harry had finished talking.

There was a diary belonging to someone named Tom Riddle which had shown Harry a memory from 50 years ago, during the last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened.

Hagrid was innocent and their suspicions about Aragog, despite them almost being killed by the spider, were wrong.

A girl had been killed in a bathroom 50 years ago by the monster.

"That's everything we know", the glassed boy finished, waiting for Bel's response.

"Okay. Let's see", Bel started, her mind beginning to turn.

"I've never heard of Tom Riddle, so that's a dead end there. I won't hesitate to point out that if you had simply told me you thought the monster was a spider Hagrid owned you wouldn't have nearly been killed trying to get more answers. I've known Aragog for over a year now, it couldn't have been him. And it certainly couldn't have been Hagrid who opened the Chamber. As for the girl ... I'm only glad it hasn't been repeated yet."

"But it might be. Dumbledore has been stood down by Lucius Malfoy and the governors", Harry started to explain.

"I know about Dumbledore", Bel replied.

"How?" Harry asked.

"I ran into Malfoy earlier tonight. He told me."

"What were you doing with Malfoy?" Harry then asked, spitting out Malfoys name as if it were a disgusting word.

"It certainly wasn't by choice! I went up to the Astronomy Tower to try and clear my head. He was already there and told me ...", Bel started before trailing off as she recalled upon the words Malfoy had said to her.

"Told you what?" Ron asked.

"It's Malfoy. Nothing he ever says is ... kind."

"What did he say to you?" Harry suddenly sounded rather defensive.

Bel hesitated to answer, but the entire point of this conversation was honesty.

No more secrets.

"He ... he said Hermione got what was coming to her. And he said with Dumbledore gone I'll finally accept who I truly am. A pureblood. Just like he is."

"I'll kill him. I don't even need my stupid wand to work ... I'll do it with my bare hands!" Ron yelled.

Harry held up his hands to try and signal Ron to calm down before telling Bel there was more she needed to know.

"We were here when Lucius came to Hagrid's. They spoke about you too. There was a deal made."

"What deal?" Bel asked.

"If the person responsible isn't caught by the end of the year ... you'll go to live with the Malfoy's. Permanently", Harry replied, cautiously.

Bel shuddered at the thought.

"Just another incentive to put an end to all of this", she decided to reply instead of getting angry.

"They also mentioned ... Azkaban", Ron then continued.

"They've sent Hagrid to Azkaban?!" Bel practically shouted, disgraced by the very notion that an innocent man be placed there.

"Yes, but they didn't just mean for him", Harry said.