59. The Basilisk

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but Tom Riddle was my sexual awakening

__________<>__________

The Chamber of Secrets was like nothing Harry had ever seen before.

For a start, it was a very extensive room.

It was large enough to fit multiple stone statues of snake heads lined up on the left and right sides as a stone pathway led up to a large accumulation of water sat at the bottom of a wall made up of a stone man, slightly resembling Dumbledore with long hair and a flowing beard.

Harry kept his wand tightly clutched in his hand as he walked down the stone pathway.

Once he had passed the first two sets of stone snake head statues, Harry laid eyes on the body of Ginny Weasley lying unconscious on the floor just in front of the water.

He broke out into a sprint, the sounds of water splashing under his feet echoed throughout the room as he did so.

"Ginny! Ginny, please don't be dead", Harry exclaimed as he fell to his knees beside the unconscious girl, his wand dropping to the ground beside him.

"Wake up. Wake up!" Harry started saying as he looked at his friend's younger sister's body.

There was a brief flash in his mind of last year when Ron was lying down in front of him, unconscious, just as Ginny now was.

That memory alone was enough for him to start shaking.

Harry had been greatly affected by such a sight.

It made him empathise with Bel. His best friend who had to witness both himself and Ron narrowly avoiding death.

He now knew how she must have felt that night in the dungeons.

Helpless, afraid, vulnerable.

"Please wake up", Harry continued to beg.

"She won't wake."

A new, unfamiliar voice spoke out to him.

Harry turned his focus off the unconscious girl to see a boy standing in the darkness to his left side.

But when he stepped closer, the light showed Harry that this wasn't a stranger.

"Tom. Tom Riddle", Harry said to himself, relieved that he was no longer alone.

"What do you mean she won't wake? She's not ...", he then continued, trailing off at the end, barely being able to say what he was thinking.

"She's still alive, but only just", Tom replied as he walked closer to the two.

Once he was standing just above Harry, the details of the boy registered in his mind.

This was no longer a grey, dim memory of 50 years ago.

He could see the colours on Tom's tie and prefect badge.

Green and silver.

He was in Slytherin.

And he was very much stood in front of him, still the same young boy from the memory.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked, trying to work out how it was possible.

"A memory preserved in a diary for 50 years", Tom explained.

Harry turned his focus back to Ginny, carefully touching his finger to the back of her hand.