18. Christmas

DISLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but Christmas if my favourite holiday wbu

__________<>__________

Christmas Day.

A day that never stood out to Bel.

At the orphanages, Christmas Day was like any other day.

The only difference was the dinner they had would include some festive foods.

Each child was not given a single gift, but they did give something to each other.

Considering Bel was strongly disliked by everyone, she never received a homemade card or small bar of chocolate from a friend.

She had learnt from an early age that Christmas was not a special day to celebrate.

However, every night on Christmas Eve she made a single wish.

And she hoped that her Christmas Day gift would be that it would come true.

Every year it was the same wish.

That someone would come for her.

Someone would take her away from her living hell.

It didn't need to be her family. Anyone would do.

But each year she found her wish was unanswered.

That was until this year.

And so this year, she had to think of a new wish.

Bel was in her empty dorm room, sat on her cold stone windowsill with Gus perched next to her.

It was oddly just like the times she would make a wish in the orphanages.

Considering her accidents she would always be put up in a single room, not a shared room like the other children.

Something she was thankful for as they couldn't torment her in her sleep.

But at Christmas Eve, it was the one time of year that she wished she was with the other children.

She could hear their giggles and whispers down the hall, the excitement for the next day practically seeping under the door.

And she wasn't a part of it.

Just like now.

Riley, Tia, and Susan had all gone back home for Christmas.

Harry and Ron were most likely asleep in their Gryffindor dorm room.

All she had was herself.

A small squawk came from the black bird sat next to her as if Gus was reading her thoughts.

Bel smiled and reached over to gently pet her loyal friend.

As she did so, her hand showed the recent effects of her consistent failures during her lessons with Dumbledore in the form of burn marks and small cuts.

The doubled lessons had begun to take its toll on her exhaustion. She found that she was beginning to get drained every time she tried to control her wand.

She had made slight progress, in that the wand no longer retaliated against Dumbledore.

However, she hadn't been able to defend herself with wandless magic.

Her wand would always step in before she could even blink.

As for her wandless magic practice itself, it had been going decently.