10. A New Perspective

DISCLAIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did I would have kept Fluffy as a pet

__________<>__________

"Hermione, how did you know about my dad being a seeker?" Harry asked as the group of four reached the entrance to the moving staircases.

"I've read everything there is to know about Hogwarts. That includes quidditch history", Hermione admitted.

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do", Ron said to Harry as they started up one of the stone staircases.

"There isn't any chance you saw my last name in one of your books, did you?" Bel asked Hermione as the two boys took off a few steps ahead of them.

"I'm sorry, Bel. I wasn't exactly taking note of every single name I saw. There's a chance Whitlock was mentioned somewhere, but nothing springs to mind", Hermione said with a sorrowful tone.

"That's okay. It was a long-shot anyway", Bel replied.

Suddenly, the staircase the four were stationed on started to move.

"What's happening?" Harry exclaimed as they all gripped onto the sides of the staircase for balance.

"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione replied.

"The question is where is it taking us?" Bel added.

"Let's go this way", Harry said as the staircase came to a halt.

"Before the staircase moves again", Ron added as the four legged it off the staircase and onto a stone platform.

Harry opened the wooden door at the top and it revealed a darkened hallway.

Statues were covered in cobwebs and there wasn't a single person or light in sight.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron posed as the four walked into the darkened hallway.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the third floor. It's forbidden", Hermione explained.

A stone pillar suddenly caught alight, and a flame accompanied the sound of a cat from behind them.

"It's Filch's cat!" Hermione said as the four slowly stepped away from the creature.

"If he catches us, we're dead", Bel said with a gulp.

"Run!" Harry yelled and the four set off down the darkened hallway.

As they ran, each stone pillar they passed lit up, giving them sight of a wooden door at the end of the hallway.

"Quick, let's hide through that door", Harry called back to the other three.

The glassed boy reached the door first and attempted to throw it open, but it wouldn't budge.

"It's locked!" Harry shouted in aggravation.

"That's it, we're done for", Ron said as he turned back to face the direction the cat was in.

"Bel do something", Harry said, turning to the small Hufflepuff.

"What? Why me?" Bel replied.

"You know ... your ... power. We haven't covered this in class yet, you need to open the door", Harry explained.

"I haven't covered it in class either! How am I supposed to know how to open a locked door?" Bel replied in a stern whisper as she kept thinking what would happen if Filch were to spot them.