Chapter Twenty-I: Revealed Truth

Start from the beginning

"None of my concerns? Yah Oh Sehun, each and everything you do is my fvcking concern. You have to take your career seriously. You can't go around carelessly tossing away your career on some stupid love. Do you think it's a joke? You have just started gaining fame in your career, so put your whole attention on that. You can think of all these distractions in some other time too. Think about your sister and mother who's looking up to you. For which you struggled so hard in the past. You-" her eyes had become watery in rage whilst he was staring at her intently without any emotions, but he couldn't help but stop her midway.   

"Are you being jealous if I'm not mistaking?" he asked suddenly and that brought her to her senses. He kept looking at her and she was standing there being dumbfounded. 

Not knowing how to answer him, " Yes you're mistaken." saying this she dashed out of the room leaving a puzzled sehun inside the room.

~~~

 Jungkook along with Lisa reached outside to the restaurant. Jungkook went to park the car leaving Lisa on the entrance, but she waited for him at that place. 

When Jungkook came, he was surprised seeing her not going inside. 

"Why didn't you go inside? " He asked being puzzled. 

"I had something to tell you. I think you have heard from my parents, but I don't think you know the details." she said, and he nodded hinting her to continue. 

"As you know I have two more siblings." she said, and he nodded in acknowledgement.

"But they aren't my real siblings. Both of them are my step siblings. And Mrs. Anisa Manoban is my stepmother not my real mom. My mother died in an accident during my childhood." Lisa said in a nonchalant tone, but Jungkook was awestruck.  He was oblivious to this news. 

He had thought they were her blood related siblings, and her mom was her real mother.  He was beyond shocked. 

Lisa had expected the reaction, so she was standing calmed. 

"I recently got to know that my stepsister she came back to Korea. She was staying for a long time here, but quite a few months ago she flew to Japan and was staying there. And my stepbrother, he's quite a famous model in USA." she said this quietly and was looking elsewhere. Whilst he was hearing her silently without interrupting.     

"That's all you had to know. I thought it was high time you had known everything...So, before meeting my parents I cleared everything, so that during the conversation you don't get embarrassed." saying this she started going inside the restaurant and he stood there for a minute organizing everything in his head. 

"Thanks for sharing after this long time of our marriage." Jungkook muttered and chuckled a bit thinking she was finally being open with him. That means, she was accepting him unknowingly.   

.......

Lisa came and sat on a chair beside her father leaving a chair open for Jungkook. That table was a round table and was consisted of 5 chairs...  So, beside Jungkook's chair another was vacant. 

"Where's Jungkook? Didn't he come with you?" Lisa's father asked and she was about to answer but Jungkook who came behind her answered instead.

"Of course, I had to come. After all I am your son in law." saying this Jungkook greeted his father-in-law by hugging, and he too reciprocated smilingly. After greeting him, Jungkook sat beside Lisa who was sitting there uninterested. 

If Lisa hadn't told him earlier about her family, he would have taken her as a rude girl. But now he knew that Lisa was uncomfortable due to her stepmother, that's why she always was silent around her.   

Understanding that, he talked with both of them smiling asking and talking about their daily activities. 

After a while later their order arrived and Jungkook serving her parents he started cutting the steak in his plate into pieces, meanwhile Lisa was sipping juice. After finishing cutting the steak, he exchanged his plate with Lisa's. Then Lisa started eating from the plate he just served unhitched.

Jungkook did this while talking to her father and it was done very simply, as if it was their daily task. Her father David looked at his wife and she noticed it too. They gave each other a reassuring smile thinking they were in good terms. 

Unknown from their exchanged glances, Jungkook noticed another chair vacant next to him and he asked David looking confused, 

"Are we expecting someone to join us? " Jungkook asked and David nodded. He was about to answer but someone came from behind hurriedly and stood behind the vacant chair holding it. 

"I am really very sorry. I got really late besides there was a huge traffic jam and I had to cross that- ... " the girl explained herself but stopped suddenly.

Here Jungkook was sitting shocked hearing the girl talk. The voice was awfully familiar to him.  He thought he was hallucinating. But when he looked at the source, he was dumbstruck. He felt like the ground was snatched under his feet. And that girl looked equally shocked like him.

"Jungkook, meet her. She is Miyeon my daughter. And Miyeon, he's Jungkook. Your Bother in law and Lisa's Husband." 

~To Be Continued...