Chapter 34

Antonio POV

"What?" I asked still in shock.

"Yes I was pregnant," she repeated.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked in rage.

She stayed silent she stayed fucking silent.

"Isabella talk to me," I yelled.

"What Antonio what!" She shouted.

"Tell me," I said through grit teeth.

"You ran away with my child don't you think I deserve better!" I yelled.

"I made sure you had every fucking thing that you need and this what I get in return?" I asked in disbelief.

"You don't understand," she said lowly while taking a seat.

"What is there for me to understand?"

"That you are a fucking gold digger?" I asked sternly as hurt flashed through her eyes.

"I'm not a gold digger," she stated lowly while a tear ran down her face.

"Oh, so you are crying now?" I asked

"If anyone should be crying it should be me. I fucking loved you and you betrayed me." I said coldly.

"I didn't betray you, Antonio,"

"What did you do Isabella?" I asked

"I protected you,"

"From what exactly!" I asked loudly.

"Please calm down so I can explain," she said as I looked at her in rage.

"You are telling me to calm down after all you did,"

"Have you ever looked into yourself, Isa?" I asked lowly.

We both froze when we realized what I called her. That was the name I used to call her.

I closed my eyes and sat down on the couch then ran my hands through my hair.

"Why?" I asked her lowly.

"Someone blackmailed me, Antonio," she said lowly and I shot my head up to face her.

"What?" I asked

"They demanded money in a short period or else they would kill you. They would continuously send me pictures of you sometimes the both of us. They wanted 20 million but I convinced them it was too much and they settled for 10 million." she said letting out a breath as I stayed silent and listened to her.

"I couldn't tell you, Antonio. They were getting impatient and I didn't have enough money in my bank account. Doubt you realize that I sold most things that have value but It still wasn't enough."

"I couldn't ask you for such a large sum of money without explanation. It broke me when I had to use the money out of your account."

"Everything broke me, Antonio.
When I saw how much it broke you, when I found out that I was pregnant and you weren't there," she said I looked at her to see tears streaming down her face.

"You don't have to forgive me, Antonio. I broke you in many ways." She said meeting my eyes and I looked away.

"I still have 20 million from your card it's in my account, I didn't dare to use it even on nights when we had nothing to eat." She stated referring to her daughter.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I have your money, Antonio. The card had 30 million and I used 10 to pay the blackmailers. I left because I knew they would continue to use me to get to you for money. I survived with the little that I had in my savings and did two jobs," She added and I stared at her in disbelief.