Chapter 20

Antonio POV

Flashback.

I had my heart broken years ago because I opened my heart to someone I thought I could trust

In my eyes, I met my lover but in her eyes, I was just another one of her victims.

She was a gold digger.

I trust her with my assets. I gave her my card to my account and the PIN.

Luckily it wasn't my personal account.

One day when I woke up all her stuff where gone the bank account was empty my expensive jewelry was all gone.

She was nowhere to be found I searched everywhere but to no luck, I didn't find her up to this day.

It broke me down for a month or so then I became distant, cold, and ruthless.

From that day forward I promised myself not to love again and not to trust.

When Kylie came along I broke that promise I was angry with myself and I was angry with her.

How could I?

She was different in my eyes. She was determined no matter how badly I treated her she always came around.

I started to feel what I hadn't felt in years for her and when I realized that I was letting my guard down and I was falling for Kylie I changed in a blink of an eye.

That night I apologized to her something that I never did in years.

She pushed me away the night I fucking opened up to her and explain myself.

She walked out of the room.

I was drunk but not to the extent that I wouldn't remember anything.

And that night I saw that I was falling for her and I had to change.

I had a business trip to attend the next morning and I would normally tell her before leaving but I didn't.

I had my PA write the list of things that the maid was to do. When I collected the envelope I didn't read it I just handed it to Nick to give to her.

When I returned I brought five more maids that were hired to help around.

Kylie was nowhere to be found when they came so she missed the meeting.

Seeing her that night broke me. I told her to pack her things and she was finished in less than five minutes and it broke me more to know that she was prepared and ready to leave.

I gave her the keys and said a couple of hurtful things.

Regardless I made sure she got the best room on the top floor so she would be comfortable.

I also made sure she was not sharing.

Today was her day off and I had one of my guards watch her.

I foamed in anger when he told me she was smiling with a male.