Chapter 43: Wedding Bells

3rd Person POV
The sun was high and Encanto was busy as usual.

"Dolores." Camilo stated from the across the room, knowing he didn't need to yell to call his sister's attention. Dolores turned around as she opened the door. "Yes Camilo?" 

"Uhhh." Camilo thought he wouldn't even get this far. "I need your help in my room. I'm not sure but there's a weird sound in my room." He lied. Dolores raised an eyebrow but stepped away from the entrance and walked towards Camilo, "Alright, show me." Camilo sighed in relief inside his mind as they start walking up the stairs, he gave a signal towards Isabela who was hiding in the shadows. 

Isabela then scurried off in a hurry to meet Mariano at the river. Mariano was decorating an arch along with Luisa and Pepa, there was a dining table set for a romantic date and Antonio was making sure that the animals knew what to do.

Isabela poked Mariano on the shoulder, grabbing his attention and pointing to a pre-written note, they agreed to avoid talking, not to spoil the surprise.

The note said; Is everything ready? We only have about 10 minutes before Dolores steps out of Casita.

Mariano gave a firm nod as he stepped off the ladder and inspected his work. He gave a thumbs up to Isabela as sign that she should call over Dolores. Isabela tapped Antonio on the shoulder and nodded, Antonio smiled brightly and waved his hand, calling his toucan.

----
"I found it!" Camilo yelled in triumph as he held up a rat that he dug from under his dresser.

"Get that away from me!" Dolores backed away while making a face of disgust. Camilo laughed but then he caught the sight of Antonio's toucan at his door.

"Come on, let's go give this back to Tio Bruno." Camilo snickers and Dolores shakes her head, following his brother out the weird shapeshifting walls he calls his room.
-----
"Okay where is everyone?!" Dolores sighs in frustration at the empty Casita, even Camilo disappeared. Dolores focused hard as she closed her eyes and using her gift to locate through the sounds of the village.

Then she found the sounds of Camilo's  giggling. "Gotcha." Dolores smirked as she opened her eyes. She focused on the sound and followed it, but she noticed the sound was out if town, and there was still no sign of her family anywhere, now shits were getting suspicious.

"What kind of prank is this?" Dolores sighed, but then she noticed the petals, the more she walked the path. But what awaited her at the very end, brought tears to her eyes.

Mariano in a suit with his hair slicked back, under an arch, while her family were holding a banner that said: 'Will You Marry Me?'

"Mariano..." Dolores let out a whisper in amazement.

"As I stand here before you, I can't help but reflect on the incredible journey that has led us to this moment. It's been an extraordinary three years filled with love, laughter, and endless joy." Mariano approached Dolores offering a hand to her.

"When I think about our relationship, I am reminded of all the beautiful moments we have shared. From the late-night conversations that turned into sunrise, to the adventures that took us to places we'd only dreamt of, every day with you has been a gift."

Camilo smiled, he himself was ready to cry.

"In these three years, we've learned and grown together, supporting each other through life's ups and downs. We've seen the best and worst of each other, and yet our love has only grown stronger with each passing day."

Pepa was downright crying, the speech was beautiful and she couldn't believe her little girl was a woman. It was like yesterday, she was taking her first steps.

"Dolores, you are my rock, my confidant, and my greatest love. I want to continue waking up next to you, sharing dreams and building a future together."

Mariano got down one knee and pulled out his ring from his pocket.

"So, with a heart full of love and hope for our future, I have just one question to ask: Will you marry me? Will you make me the happiest person in the world and continue this incredible journey with me?"

The silence was deafening, Mariona was starting to get nervous but when Dolores burst into tears, she screamed. "YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!"

Mariano, out of excitement, hugged his now fiance, and lifted her to twirl her around, as the Madrigal and the Guzman family popped open a bottle of wine and cheered for the newly engaged couple.

Today was a good day.

A great day even.

For Mariano and Dolores, the newly engaged couple.