CHAPTER 5: What Wasn't Meant To Be

3rd Person POV
The Madrigal family took a break for the sake of the horses and themselves.

They all sat down under a very big tree to shade themselves from the scorching sun. It seemed like it was late morning already.

"Can we keep them?! Can we?!" Antonio asked his parents. Pepa was about to say no, until Camilo and Mirabel decided to join Antonio. How can she resist not one, but 3 pairs beautiful brown eyes. "Alright we can keep them." She sighs and shook he her head as her 2 sons and neice had a small celebration. She really have to toughen up.

"I'll take care of them. I promise!" Antonio grinned. At that moment everything was great, the Madrigal family forgot about their responsibilities and played, went apple picking, running around the field, tumbling and stumbling, laughing and smiling.

They did their daily chores so there would be no hastle, the villagers could handle themselves. So their worries were easily washed away.

At that moment, Mirabel felt like she was truly part of the family.

Isabella forgot about her little miss perfect act and dropped it and ran around the field with Mirabel, just like when they were younger.

Luisa, although she wasn't playing, she was laying down and watched the clouds pass by with her father and mother. They pointed out clouds that looked like shapes. They were having much deserved mother, daughter, father bonding time. Luisa was finally taking a break from who they expected her to be.

Camilo was chasing Antonio around trying tag him.

Dolores simply sat down next to her mother who was leaning on the tree.

Pepa felt as calm as the sky, not a single rain cloud was visible in the sky nor above her head, nothing, all she was felt was normal, and Felix was relaxing on her lap.

"For once, it's perfect." Mirabel says looking down from the tree she climbed on, trying to hide from Isabella. "Well, almost perfect." Her mood immediately drops when she remembers her uncle stuck inside the walls of Casita. Figuratively and literally.

She leaned back letting herself fall, she hooked her leg around the tree branch and now upside down facing Dolores. "Oh god Mira, you scared me."

"Can you come up here for a second, I have to talk to you." Mirabel smiles. "Sure." Dolores shrugged and climbed up the tree and sat next to Mirabel helping her sit up right again.

"Look, Dolores, can we please forget about the prophecy." Mirabel sighed. "Mirabel, I can't just forget what you found out, may I see it though?" She held her hand out, "Fine." Mirabel took out the prophecy disk that she glued together and handed it to Dolores. She brought it with originally to hide it from the rest of the family and making sure that they won't come across it accidentally.

Dolores's eyes widened at what she saw, Mirabel was standing in front of a broken Casita. "What does this mean?" She muttered. "I don't know. Look." Mirabel tilted it slightly and the broken house was fixed again. "What the-?" Dolores looked at Mirabel. "Did you ask Tio Bruno about this?" Dolores handed it back to Mirabel.

"Yes, I di- wait a minute, you knew?" Mirabel whispered. "Of course I do, by the way, if you happen to see him again, tell him I'm still waiting on the next episode."

Mirabel looked at her confused. "The telenovela duh!" Dolores laughs. "Ohhhhh. Sure I'll tell him that when I have the chance." Mirabel giggled. Mirabel felt a hand creeping behind her.

"GOTCHA!" Isabella locked her arms around her sister as Mirabel squealed and squirmed around as Isabella tickled her.

"D-Dolores, bwahahahaha, save yourself!" Mirabel yelled and Dolores immediately got down and ran for her life.

The family felt happy, it was a happy and sweet moment. Nothing could possibly ruin that moment. Mirabel got on Spirit and Dolores got on a horse that was white and black, which was a rare color to see on a horse.

"Oh no you don't!" Isabella got on a black horse and began to chase the both of them. Mirabel truly felt she was where she was meant to be.