CHAPTER 20: My New Duty

3rd Person POV
A team was transporting some new improved firearms, which was just recently invented. But all of the sudden their horse passed out.

"I knew this horse was no good." One of the guards sighed. They found this horse wandering, and then decided to ask the horse to pull the wagon, with the other horse.

"It's alright, let me.. Hurk!" The first guard dropped to the ground. "Gregorio!" The second immediately tended to his aid. Unknown to him his other teammates had the same faith as Gregorio. "Are you alright?!" He crouched down.

"Well of course he isn't."

The man turned around and to his surprise there was a woman who was pointing a sword at his face. The man threw his arms up in the air. "Who are you?!" He glared. "I make the rules here. So rule number one, talk once and you'll never have the chance to talk again." The girl smirked as the guy immediately shut his mouth.

"Dani, that's enough." Another woman appears from behind the tree. The woman knelt down near the horse. "Good job Spirit." As soon as she said that the horse neighs and stands up as if it hasn't just passed out.

"Remember we need him alive Dani, we can't risk another batch loose."

"Got it Captain Mirabel!" Dani says, knocking out the person. Mirabel sighs and shakes her head as she gestured her team to check the crates.
-------
Were you guys expecting that orrr....
-------
Mirabel's POV
It has been 3 gruesome years, ever since I've gotten kidnapped, trust me you do not wanna know what I've been through, so to cut it short. I've worked up my rank, no, I'm not a rose, yet.

But this is close to what it is, I'm pretty close to one of the Roses. Juan and Isabella.

Me and my team carry the crates while Dani ties up the guard and throws him in the back of the jeep. "What're we going to do with the others captain?" Another woman from my team, Jewel, asks.

I sigh deeply and nod. Jewel knew what I meant and begin to start the fire. Hm, I hate it, I fucking hate my life so much.

If you hadn't guess what Jewel was going to do, she was going to burn the bodies... I know, cruel right? Well I have to, I don't have a choice, apparently, roses aren't the highest rank. The highest of the highest are the Diamonds. They run the entire empire. And if you get on their bad side, well you're definitely dead.

I get on Spirit, "Alright! Everybody let's go!!" I yelled, and the others immediately followed my orders.

--------
As usual one of the diamonds were here to greet us, "Ah, Mariposa, how did it go??" One of the diamonds who favored me, Poppy, gave me a hug and I stood straight with my hands on the side, it's not proper to hug a diamond. I have no idea why she likes me though. She let go and stepped back, "It went well senora." I bow my head. "Good." Someone behind Poppy pops out. Nora, she kinda likes me I guess.

The other team, who's captain apparently hates me, arrives with cuts and bruises all over their bodies. "Team S, what happened??" Nora says irritated. Savannah, the team captain, look down ashamed.

"Team S, do you know how much of a chance you have wasted?!" Nora slapped Savannah in the face. "Now we'll never know where and when is the expedition, BECAUSE APPARENTLY ONE OF YOUR MEN WAS A TRAITOR!" She screams, I almost feel bad for Savannah.

"Ma'am." I disrupt. "What?!" Nora looks at me angrily. "I have found out where and when is the next expedition, it'll be at the far East Side of Colombia in the famous beach, we have 5 weeks time...." I snapped my fingers Jewel dragged out the man I 'kindly' asked for information. "Would like this one as a punching bag ma'am?" I held back my emotions, just a bit more, then you're out of here.

Nora's angry expression turned into a wicked psycothic smile. "See? This is what a good team looks like." She spat at Savannah's face. I swear I think Savannah just gave me a side glare. "Congratulations, Team M. You'll be getting a raise. Especially you Mirabel, thanks for the new toy." She pats my head and drags the poor guard, who was already bloody and beaten, to what I think is the dungeon.

Once Nora and Savannah's team was gone, I finally sat down and let out a shaky sigh. "It's alright, mi Mariposa." Poppy hugs me and I still didn't hug her, but for some reason, this still hits me. I blame myself, but then again, I just turned 18 a few months ago.

Miguel, someone from my team, helped me up, "Are you alright??" He asks and I nod. "Do you want me to escort you to your room?" Tony, another guy from my team, chirps up. "Thanks but no thanks, bye guys." I left immediately.

I just want to pass out on my bed..... Thank you very much.

------
R. I. P Mirabel's innocence 😔✋
------

"Mirabel! Are you alright, any scratches?!" Cyn immediately checks on me, she reminds me of a mother.

"No I'm alright." I chuckle. "I'm sick and tired of being here... I just wanna go out and explore the world" I sigh and flop down. "Well, we really can't, you know, the security is tight here, the only way is getting help from the outside...." Cyn sighs and sits next to me. "Let's not forgot the trackers."

"Well.... Oh shoot it's my mothers birthday in a few weeks..." I mumble sadly. "Maybe it's time for them to hear from you..." A voice whom I recognize as Delilah's pops up. I've grown close to Delilah, Emma and Cyn, they then explained to me that they were in a poly relationship Cyn is their partner, Delilah and Emma married. Lucky and barf.

Delilah had already brought a bird with her. "Yeah, you're right, besides I can't hold grudges against them that long." I chuckled and took out a pen and paper. "And it'll be a perfect gift for her." Delilah adds. "Just tell me where's the location."

She places a map, I don't know where exactly it is but I found a spot on the map where a certain area is surrounded by mountains. "Here, my village is way hidden, so just take it to the most colorful house there is." I tell Delilah and Delilah instructs the bird.

We've trained the bird to follow orders so there won't be any complications.
----------
I don't think I'll be updating as much, so here, a spare chapter as an apology.