CHAPTER 25: This Is Me

3rd Person POV
The next day, Isabela was in her room growing flowers. She then noticed a certain flower that she never grown, ever since that day. A blue bell.

~Flashback (6 years ago)~
It was Isabela's birthday today, her 18th birthday.

She was a nervous wreck, that meant she could legally marry Mariano, in Abuella's eyes, it was a day worth celebrating for, she threw a big party for her. But Isabela herself, could not show her face, she hid inside a small secret space she made out of flowers in her room.

"Isa?" Young Mirabel, who was only 11 at the time, came looking for Isabela.

"What do you want?!" Isabela yelled. Mirabel wasn't intimidated or offended of her sister's reply. She knew that this was pressuring for her. She snuck into that space and sat next to Isabela.

"Go away." Isabela buried her face in her knees.

"No way, I'm staying here until you get back out there or tell me what's wrong. Everyone's looking for you." Mirabel crosses her arms. Isabela did not reply, she did not give two shits at the moment to care that Mirabel was staying with her.

Mirabel knew that look in her sister's eyes. Maybe, she knew it waay to well.

{The Greatest Showman: This Is Me}

"I am not a stranger to the dark" Mirabel sings, Isabela gave her a look that said. 'Wtf are you doing?'

"Hide away, they say, 'Cause they don't want your broken parts." Mirabel continued on.

"I learned to be ashamed of all my scars."

Mirabel looks down and played with a small flower. "Run away, they say. No one'll love you as you are."

"But will you let them break you down to dust, You know that there's a place for us."

Mirabel kneels in front of her and gently places her hand on Isabela's arm.

"For we are glorious." She ushers Isabela to stand up, and Isabela does.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down." She stands up with her hands holding Isabela's.

"I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out." Mirabel flicked her arm around.

"I am brave, I am bruised." She clenched her fist in front of her face and frowned.

"I am who I want to be, this is me." She spread her hands and the room turned pitch black with glowing dots around the atmosphere.

"Look out 'cause here I come!" Mirabel sang. She spread her arms wide and a wave of glowing, flying orbs, appears in a twirling motion.

"And I'm marching on to the beat I drum" Mirabel stomped and a wave of light and orbs illuminated from her foot.

"I'm not scared to be seen,nI make no apologies, this is me."

"Oh-oh-oh-oh!" Mrabel sings. "Oh-oh-oh-oh" her voice echoed. "Oh-oh-oh-oh." Mirabel sings again. "Oh-oh-oh-oh" it echoed.

"Oh-oh-oh!" She ushered Isabela to sing along. "oh-oh-oh?" Isabela sings.

"oh-oh-oh, oh, oh" They bother sing together.

"Another round of arrows hits my skin." A wave of arrows coming from the mouths of the people, shot at Mirabel. "Mirabel!" Isabela yells worridly.

"Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in." Mirabel was knelt down as the arrows covered her, but she stood up and brushed off the arrows. Isabella stood there baffled.